Bream on Hard Bodies

PRED-ATOR

Hi Raiders,

Ive been trying to crack my PB Yellow Fin Bream and hit the 50cm mark.

Im yet to hit the mark but im not giving up!!

Below are some pics of some of the fish I have been catching. Nothing special but they are an awesome looking fish. All were taken on small deep and shallow diving hard bodies and i have also been having alot of success lately on stiffy poppers. The poppers are also pulling out alot of Pike and Whiting on different retrieves.

Most of the bream were pulled out from mangroves so it has definately been interesting fishing.

Enjoy the pics, Stan

post-16847-034943800 1352497932_thumb.jpg

Nice work Stan!

Lovely Bream :thumbup:

I've been getting loads up the back of MH lately. In 2 sessions i've pulled 22 legals with 9 over 30cm.

The storm activity really go them going. The period leading up to the storm produced best, but not only on bream.

The taior and trevs went off their tree!

How's your jew on lure hunt going?

Cheers, Tom

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the comments, yep jew hunt is still going, unfortunately thats all i can say haha wish i had something to report on the jew front.

Yep the storms definately have turned the bream on, best time to fish the surface as the waters so dark they can sneak up on anything.

Hi Ice Man,

I would have to agree that FC all the way is definately the best. I got a rod loaded up with 2LB Sunline FC however as i was fishing the snags i pulled out a heavier outfit.

On this occasion I was using 4lb Braid with 2-3 metres of 6lb FC. I doubled my main line for about 1 metre aswell for the possibility of a jew or mega bream - plus no landing net haha.

Hope this helps,

Stan

Good too see you using my favorite bream HB haha, great report and some cracker bream in there. Wishing I was able to get out and give them a shot!

Haha yep i love the berkleys. Forget the EcoGears, too dam expensive to be casting at mangrove roots, especially with my casting skills.

The Berkleys have a great range of lures and work awesome on Bass also.

The surface walker has been working a treat lately also.

Cheers,