New Shimano Combo : )

PRED-ATOR

Hi Raiders,

Went out and made an impulse purchase last night. Was looking for a budget rod/reel combo that i wouldnt feel to bad about if it got banged around (since i sold the boat and have been doing land based, the gear is feeling it).

I wanted another light spin outfit for micro hard bodies and small plastics.

I was looking at the daiwa aird but ended purchasing a shimano outfit.

I only have one shimano combo in the overhead at home so dont have much experience with them. Ended up buying a shimano lure project 1-3kg 7 foot with a shimano symetre 1000FJ and 4lb power pro. Picked it up at an awesome price and certainly felt the goods.

Does anyone have any experience with these rod/reels? any problems etc?

Cheers,

Hey Stan,

Lovely little combo!

I haven't personally used the lure project (although i've heard good things about them) but the symetre fj is a great bang for your reel.

I have the 2500 size with 6lb and its proven to be very versatile. I use it on squid, HB's and Sp for Bream and Flathead, Casting small metals for salmon and tailor and even casting small surface lures for whiting in the shallows.

I've had it now for about 2 years and still going strong as ever. Should serve you well!

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the review. Yeah I couldnt argue with the price and it has a really nice finish.

The lure projects are quite interesting, they have a rod for each type of lyre fishing. I went with the bibless hardbody rod as i thought that would be the most versatile.

Cant wait to have a cast with it : )

Thanks again : )

I have two lure project rods the 7'4" vibe which I find very versatile as I throw blades topwaters and SPs with over 2gm jigheads and it handles all really well its matched to a 1500 symetre that is a couple of years old For HBs and stickminnows I have a lure project minnow matched to a 1000fi stradic and 4lb flouro and it also is a great outfit