Balmoral Land based

night_rider

Hey Raiders,

I have a few hours spare this arvo and will be in Balmoral, I was down there a few weeks back and spotted a nice gutter on the north side of the Island that pokes out from the beach, has anyone had any success along the beach land based? Will it be worth my time? I'll get there around 415

I've pack my SP rod, and thought it might be a nice opportunity to flick a sp and watch the sun disappear...?

Cheers in advance for your 2c :D

Edited by Marky Wants to Fish

You get plenty of whiting along the beach over summer . That gutter your talking about would be worth a go. While you can flick SP for the odd flattie and bream, fishing with live worms or nippers at dawn or dusk is most productive. Especially on the big whiting.

You can get some good fish from the wharf too. With the addition of tailor, salmon, bonito, trevally and the occasional kingfish. Squid frequent the area as well.

Hope you get a few!

Cheers, Tom

You get plenty of whiting along the beach over summer . That gutter your talking about would be worth a go. While you can flick SP for the odd flattie and bream, fishing with live worms or nippers at dawn or dusk is most productive. Especially on the big whiting.

You can get some good fish from the wharf too. With the addition of tailor, salmon, bonito, trevally and the occasional kingfish. Squid frequent the area as well.

Hope you get a few!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom,

I appreciate your reply, I will have to dig out the nipper pump from the garage, where do you usually get them around there?