Exile Bay

Paul

Hey Raiders

Decided to go for a very quick session just before the top of the tide to test out some new 2.5" Z-Man GrubZ (bloodworm) and to find out if SPs worked at night.

Take a 5 minute drive to my usual spot in Exile Bay that normally produces small bream and flatties.

Within the first 2 casts, I get a few bites but no takers. 3rd cast, BAM! I'm on. Pulled in this little fella (30cm). Fun fight on light tackle.

post-1553-032721900 1354457581_thumb.jpg

Put him back in the water and had a few more casts and got onto a small bream before heading back home.

Looks like SPs do work at night :) I'm very impressed with the Z-Mans, can't believe how strong they are. Will likely do a 30 minute session per night over the next week for some more tests and see how we go :)

Cheers

Paul

I just started using the z man grubs and am pretty happy with it. I can catch flathead but not bream with them. May I ask what size leader and jig head your using?

Hi Joseph

Normally 1/12 or 1/16 oZ with either size 1 or 2 hooks. I prefer TTLure jigheads but the one used to catch this was Berkley (1/16oz size 2) as my supplies were very low :( I'm gonna start using super glue to keep them locked to the top of the jighead from now on and when I run out, will look at testing out the HeadlockZ range.

Leader was 8lb Sunline Fluorocarbon about 1m.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Paul

I use the same jig heads and even 8 pound leader and still can't crack it. Guess i'll keep trying harder!

Mix up your retrieves? Sometimes I get in the zone and stubbornly focus on 1 retrieve for a period when I should be mixing it up.

Hey Raiders

Decided to go for a very quick session just before the top of the tide to test out some new 2.5" Z-Man GrubZ (bloodworm) and to find out if SPs worked at night.

Take a 5 minute drive to my usual spot in Exile Bay that normally produces small bream and flatties.

Within the first 2 casts, I get a few bites but no takers. 3rd cast, BAM! I'm on. Pulled in this little fella (30cm). Fun fight on light tackle.

post-1553-032721900 1354457581_thumb.jpg

Put him back in the water and had a few more casts and got onto a small bream before heading back home.

Looks like SPs do work at night :) I'm very impressed with the Z-Mans, can't believe how strong they are. Will likely do a 30 minute session per night over the next week for some more tests and see how we go :)

Cheers

Paul

It's great to see the plastics working at night. I just posted a question about that in the chat section. I just started using plastics so it will be interesting on reading your posts again. Yet to catch my 1st fish on plastics.

Mad head locks are good but the smallest hook is 3/0 do way to bih for grubs i use hws in size 1-1/0 1/16 or 1/12 they hold zmans goos still need a bit if glue but

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

That's a shame. Haven't really checked out sizes and weights yet, just means bigger lures for bigger fish :thumbup:

who stocks headlockz in sydney?

Not sure about shops but I've seen them online.

I use the TT jigheads with Gulp! plastics and have never had one come off or come lose.

I think they are the headlock type you are talking about. I am yet to try the Z-man plastics - but I was in BCF the other day and watched the little in store video demo and they looked pretty cool!