Anyone had any luck at the hawksbury?

brecko90

Plenty of flathead in the middle grounds, there are some cracking good bream around the bridges on the slack tides and there are plenty of school Jew around I've been finding a small fresh squid single hooked through the hood to be working well, plus there's a few small whaler sharks about too

Plenty of flathead in the middle grounds, there are some cracking good bream around the bridges on the slack tides and there are plenty of school Jew around I've been finding a small fresh squid single hooked through the hood to be working well, plus there's a few small whaler sharks about too

thx mate, what spots have the jewies been found in, we normally collect bait, squid and yakkas at west head. we normally fish the usual spots, juno point, flint n steel, the 2 bridges. we always have trouble getting squid tho, where is the best place to go for them??

Agree with whats been said above. If your after school jew then poke your nose into Cowan Creek and you should find some. Any obvious drop offs are worth a look but just move around a try find a school on your sounder. Jerusalem Bay and Waratah Bay are good starting points, but they're throughout the entire creek.

Cheers, Tom

Agree with whats been said above. If your after school jew then poke your nose into Cowan Creek and you should find some. Any obvious drop offs are worth a look but just move around a try find a school on your sounder. Jerusalem Bay and Waratah Bay are good starting points, but they're throughout the entire creek.

Cheers, Tom

is it still worth giving the old fav spots a go or just head straight up into cowan??

thx also for the info on the squid i just hope them and the yakkas turn up to play for us.

is it still worth giving the old fav spots a go or just head straight up into cowan??

thx also for the info on the squid i just hope them and the yakkas turn up to play for us.

I guess there's no harm in trying them. I say give them a go in the morning (or if the tides better then in the afternoon) and try cowan in the afternoon. Chuck a live squid down at juno or flint n steel and see what happens. Might get lucky!