Sydney Reports

smuggler

G'day people,

All the reports seem a bit quiet,however reading today in one of Sydney's sunday papers there were reports of some blacks off sydney.Has anyone been out and has anything been caught?

A while back this journo has reported one of my mates fishing and catching kings at Jibbon bombie in his boat when he was in another state so I'm a bit dubious (never let a false story get in the way of selling a paper).

Hope to hear some positive news off you guys.

Cheers,Brad.

We fished friday,we trolled the Fads ,Plonk holes,then down the shelf to the southern canyons for zeros,in 30 fathoms theres a lot of flying fish,the close fad is holding

a lot of small kingies,water temp was around 20.7 all the way down the shelf,all the other boats seemed to be fishing north with nothing coming over the radio,

im sure it wont be to long before its starts though.its a case of getting lures wet and eventually it will happen.

I reckon you would read it here before the paper.

It should be a cracking season. There has been an early &

excellent run of baby blacks off the Gold Coast & Tweed close reefs.

They are at Ballina now. It won't be long before they are at Coff's &

South West Rocks.

They will then be at Port Stephens in a month's time.

I am dubious about that blokes reports as well. I remember him writing

years ago that Morwong to 10KG were being trolled up on 7 inch pushers.

(I kid you not!!)

Keep an eye on the SST charts. They should tell you when they should be on.

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks for the heads up mangonui,i was on the boat last week and heard the Broken Bay sked and they were getting 22.4 up there but it sounded pretty quiet overall.I went for a run before the southerly this morning and the warmest i got was 20.4 in 60 fathoms so hopefully in the next couple of weeks the water warms up because a couple of dollies would be nice on the BBQ for christmas.

Jewhunter I agree with you.Generally you hear it here before the papers and normally he is a week and a half to two weeks behind maybe this time the journo is forecasting??? I normally read the other journalist's report first.If there is nothing going on he writes a well informed article about the sport,policies and anything else that is going on or affecting our fisheries and at the end a bit about what is really biting.

Bring on the warm water and the fish.

Cheers,Brad.