New Outfit needed.

loxo

Hi everyone.

I'm after a little advice if at all possible. I'm heading up to Yamba on Monday for 10 days where I plan to do a whole heap of fishing. I have a couple of nice spin rods that I will be taking and using in the estuary but after doing some research and looking at a few maps I really want to give that rockwall and maybe even a beach or two a go as well.

What kinda outfit do you guys think I would need? I'd like to be able to use it both off the beach and the rockwall if possible. I'm asking rod length reel size etc. I don't get a lot of spare time during the year with the kids and work etc so I don't want to spend a silly amount of money but I'd like to buy something decent at the same time.

So something durable, versatile decent etc and strong enough for me to hopefully catch a really nice fish :)

Thanks for any help.

Hi everyone.

I'm after a little advice if at all possible. I'm heading up to Yamba on Monday for 10 days where I plan to do a whole heap of fishing. I have a couple of nice spin rods that I will be taking and using in the estuary but after doing some research and looking at a few maps I really want to give that rockwall and maybe even a beach or two a go as well.

What kinda outfit do you guys think I would need? I'd like to be able to use it both off the beach and the rockwall if possible. I'm asking rod length reel size etc. I don't get a lot of spare time during the year with the kids and work etc so I don't want to spend a silly amount of money but I'd like to buy something decent at the same time.

So something durable, versatile decent etc and strong enough for me to hopefully catch a really nice fish :)

Thanks for any help.

Hey Mate.

It all depends on what you're targeting but seeing as though you mentioned the rockwall my first thought was Jewies in the river?

You'll get them off the beaches and the breakwall so i'd match a 4000 sized reel with a rod of between 8'-9'.

That should be fine for both the beach and breakwall.

Are you bait fishing or spinning?? Also how much are you willing to spend for the outfit.

Basically a rod from 10-13 ft is the way to go. Match it to a reel you like in about 4000-6000 size.

If you want something that will be used a few times and you're fishing bait just go to a department store or better still you local tackle shop, tell them your budget and buy a surf combo that fits it.

If you're after a spinning rod that you plan to use for years to come its better to spend a bit more and get a decent outfit.