First Blackfish

Longfish

Well, as fishraider was down on friday it forced me to actually go fishing...rather than just sit on the sofa and read about it (a favourite past time of mine!)

Anyway, managed my first blackfish, and then my second, then third etc etc, ended up with 5, and one of those weird fish that have the same mouth but don't really fight, before the bite dried up, all fish tossed back from whence they came as I still have a couple of bream in the fridge that need eating first.

I fished little bay southern side ledge and it was my first 'proper' blackfish sess so pretty chuffed with it, they go well once you get them on. I had fished Hungry point down Cronulla way previously but no swell/ swimmers/ jet skiers = waste of time, although I did see a massive blue groper down there at low water which may inspire a new mission at some point...need to break my jewie duck first though.

Here is my first (and probably biggest at 36-37cm...I am going to give myself 37 for the records :biggrin2:)

post-25620-019956600 1357372184_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longfish

Congratulations mate.

I can still remember catching my first blackfish at North Head over 40 years ago. A great moment after a lot of effort. It is addictive unfortunately, so look out.

I recently renovated the Jarvis Walker rod and Steelite centrepin reel I used back then and caught a couple of blackfish on the old rig yesterday.

Tackle has improved...it was hard work!

KB

Congratulations mate thats a pretty good 1st session,37's a good size fish,it was only a couple of months back when i got my 1st luderick and felt rather proud.

Careful though, like K B said it can get very addictive.

well done

mcgoo

Excellent, great first outing. Its probably good to target them on the rocks first up as they tend to bite more freely than the estuary fish. Be careful on the rocks, blackfishing usually means stints at water/ wave level and little bay isn't one of Sydneys safer possies nin the wrong sea.

Matt

Excellent, great first outing. Its probably good to target them on the rocks first up as they tend to bite more freely than the estuary fish. Be careful on the rocks, blackfishing usually means stints at water/ wave level and little bay isn't one of Sydneys safer possies nin the wrong sea.

Matt

cheers guys,

yeah...I wouldn't fish it in anything other than a small swell, hope to get into a few more soon.