Hill 60

mr.e.p.d

Hill 60 is pretty filthy at present. The Christmas break saw an influx of people chasing the Mackerels and they left behind a god awful mess of discarded pilchards, unwanted bi-catches and general rubbish. It stinks something awful, needs a good rough swell to wash away the stench.

Fish wise.

The bigger fish have not really come to play, the odd bonito here and there but the main source of fishing fun are the mackerels in plague numbers just on sunset. Lost 2 squid jigs to mackerel hunters on Saturday who couldn't control the fish and tangled my lines to no end. Bro in law lost 3 but was able to land a 1.5 kilo squid while untangling his line....pulled the squid in by hand :thumbup:

If you're willing to sit in the sun all day long with a pilchard under a float waiting for the odd Pelagic then Hill 60 is alright, but you will have to suffer a few small trevallies and dirty sweeps. I'll prob give another go this weekend but my main action will be Windang for them stonker whitings that have been harrassing the prawns.

Which point is hill 60? Is it the one with the sewage treatment right behind it or the one slightly north just a little green point sticking out? I wanna try that spot but from the images looks like a snag haven, but I'm waiting for the one time year fishers to pack their shit up and go home.

If you're willing to sit in the sun all day long with a pilchard under a float waiting for the odd Pelagic then Hill 60 is alright, but you will have to suffer a few small trevallies and dirty sweeps. I'll prob give another go this weekend but my main action will be Windang for them stonker whitings that have been harrassing the prawns.

Where abouts are you getting the whiting?

Where abouts are you getting the whiting?

Picnic Island- usually while I am prawning...i usually have a rod in the rodholder in my prawning bucket with a circle hook loaded with a fresh prawn trailing out behind me.

In the day time at the same place i'll be either up further along the island on the sand flats or lurking under the trees, depends what tickles my fancy on the day.

Which point is hill 60? Is it the one with the sewage treatment right behind it or the one slightly north just a little green point sticking out? I wanna try that spot but from the images looks like a snag haven, but I'm waiting for the one time year fishers to pack their shit up and go home.

Hill 60 is the area :1prop:

That northern point you see is squid heaven, but also snag heaven. Plenty of seaweed for the squid to hide among and ambush but it is fairly shallow, i usually use a 2.5 jig or lighter, or rig it to a float. Fish wise, too shallow for any big boys but i have gotten a few good sized Bream there.

The southern facing rock formation is where you target the mackerels and bonitos and kingies etc

Man i miss the Illawarra, can't wait to move back down, grew up there and i should not have moved up to Sydney :biggrin2:

Hi.can someone clarify what type of mackeral you're meaning? Slimy mackeral?

Cheers

Arron

My website : www.patonga.me - wildlife, botany, fishing, local events etc.

Yeah just your average 40cm plus Slimey Mackerels

Like these

post-17750-008603600 1357709044_thumb.jpg

And this is what Hill 60 looks like when Calm.

post-17750-045978500 1357709078_thumb.jpg

Edited by LungFai