anywhere land based without the jetskis?

Pommiebreamman

hi everyone, I live in south west sydney and love my fishing. I'm land based and I've had plenty of good sessions around Cattle Duffers, Picnic Point and Lambeth Boardwalk on the Georges River, however, it is now becoming impossible due to a large number of tools hooning around on jetskis. Can anyone recomend any decent land based spots around Sydney that doesn't have this hassle. I'm happy having good sport with Bream, Flatties, Whiting and Tailor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Jet skies are ban throughout Sydney harbour all the way through parramatta river. Get amongst the various wharfs and jetties and have a crack. I've found nice bream around the wharfs near the harbour bridge. Tailor are almost everywhere but not too often are they legal sized. There are heaps of places far too many to list that you can try. I'd steer clear of over crowded spots. I was fishing today at a wharf off Parramatta river. I didn't catch anything good while everyone else there kept everything they caught. I recall landing a rat king at some jetty near Watson bay. Was tiny. Some guy asked me for it, I threw it back into the water and he was cursing me. Puts me off fishing easily accessible locations.

yeah mate summer on the upper georges is hoon time and your spots are right in the middle of it all have to move away from the ramps but you still get them buzzing around try early morrnings or head upriver or downriver more but recomend C&R if you head upriver

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

C&R isn't a location, it stands for catch & release. Method of fishing where either you fish for the sport or the fish in the area aren't suitable for eating. The upper georges towards chipping norton has been productive for a few and jetski's aren't there in numbers but anything caught there is not good for the table. Catch it, photo, release it.