Landbased Fishing - Port Hacking

foolforjesus

Hi Raiders,

Looking at taking the missus down Lilli Pilli way to flick some plastics. Hoping to rustle up a few Flatties for a feed.

Never fished there or the surrounding area before, so any advice on locations worth a crack would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by foolforjesus

Sunday in the pouring rain we got a couple of small squid from a few drifts off Wally's Wharf. Next thing we see surface action 2 rods lengths off the pontoon itself!!! Threw metals at them for about 30 minutes at them and picked up 2 salmon and 1 tailor.

Left them still smashing up the bait because the rain was ridiculous and we were soaked.

Chance of light coastal showers my arse!!!

It's a little bit away from Lilli Pilli but it is easy fishing.

Hi mate,

Lilli pilli is a great option but can become quite rocky walking with the missus.

Gunnamatta bay from the pool down would be my choice with the missus and there are no rocks to contend with,have done well there on flatties,bream,whitng plus jewfish.

You can have fun on the squid off the pool walkway too.

Chris.

Guest Aussie007

land based has its goods and bad spots get very packed in summer for lilli pilly try fishing at night as thru the day there will be other people there using the wharf and dont use a beach rod as its a channel right in front of the wharf however its a great spot to fish i pulled up a nice flatty there one morning as we were packing up i also filmed some salmon swimming around in close