where at Bass point is best to fish

elferoz777

I backed out of going there yesterday and thoday on account of the weather....I wen to hill 60 for a look yesterday when the wind died down in woonona. Smame it didnt die down at port..it was howling so strong I couldnt open to car door properly.

Anyhow, am thinking about bass point and have circled spots I have gone to in the past ( I am talking 12 years ago). Where do others have success there?
I am after any fish with a specific desire to get the bonitos, kings and salmon and any of the mack variety.

i may have been fishing to far to the norht perhaps as i previously never caught these before.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks Steve

post-21984-0-42562500-1359863609_thumb.jpg

Hey mate I fish out of shellharbour wide and always seen schools of fish around the last two spots closest to the point . I don't fish there but no they get Bonnie's and a few rat kings but its worth a shot . People always land fish there so give it a shot. .IMO hill 60 fishes better but I've only been there a few times

Something looks wrong with that pic. Doesn't look like bass point that I know of. I'm on the phone so can't zoom in much but are you sure you have bass point shell cove? It's near a quarry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But to answer your question. Drive all the way into bass point reserve and you'll hit a parking lot at the end on your left. Park the car and locate the life ring. The fishing spot you are looking for is the rock platform in front if the ring. Bonnies, kings, salmons you fish where the waves rolls across the rock face. Bream blackfish and flatheads you fish for slightly left of the rolling waves casting into the Bay Area.

Something looks wrong with that pic. Doesn't look like bass point that I know of. I'm on the phone so can't zoom in much but are you sure you have bass point shell cove? It's near a quarry. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your right. i didnt even click on the pic. thats the point from bombo beach? ive fished there 10 years ago not at those marks but

You areright.

It is to the north of Bombo beach.

I had always thought that was Bass point!

Thanks for the update.

fishing there was always reasonably good though I am quite excited to visit Bass Point proper now.

Lol lucky I dont give ppl directions to these places

But to answer your question. Drive all the way into bass point reserve and you'll hit a parking lot at the end on your left. Park the car and locate the life ring. The fishing spot you are looking for is the rock platform in front if the ring. Bonnies, kings, salmons you fish where the waves rolls across the rock face. Bream blackfish and flatheads you fish for slightly left of the rolling waves casting into the Bay Area. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice!

Ahh that new pic of bass point looks better, more trees hehe. The car park you have is where the scuba divers park but close enough cos the other parking spot is just before it. I'll post some pics once I get on a PC.

Here's the pic of the carpark.

post-17750-0-86937000-1359932979_thumb.jpg

Follow the walking path towards the water, you'll see the angel ring and the fisheries size and bag limit sign. You'll spot the fishable spots pretty easily by watching how the waves break.

To the left is the bay, if you had a kayak or a boat you would drift from ocean to bay for flatties. Good sized Breams and Blackfish can also be scored there.

Behind that tree on the left is a covered sitting area for the family to have a picnic, there is also a very family friendly snorkelling spot at bushrangers bay where you can swim with the fishies, bring a few pilchards to try and feed the bream :D

Ye definitely worth while if you are after Bonito. I haven't been there this year but usually I regularly alternate between the Northern Breakwall at Port Kembla and this spot.

In the mornings you might want to try and get there early especially if the conditions are good otherwise you might be struggling to get a spot to stand. Gates open at 6am from memory.

Let me know how you go, I am keen to give Bonito a shot before it gets too cold.