Targeting Carp for some fun!

GABBA

G'day. I am after a bit of fun and therefore am out to target a bit of carp on some light gear. I know of a few locations such as Penrith weir, but I've never had any luck finding any. I use corn and bread for bait but am yet to find the elusive fish. Can someone let me know where else around the western suburbs I may be able to find some.

Also where about a would they be hiding? (Structure, reeds, etc)?

Thanks.

I cant comment on locations mate. But the guys here gave me some great tips which have worked well.

I use a running sinker up to a swivel then about 30 cm of fluro trace to a size 4 circle hook. mush the bread around that into a ball (some times use a bit of vanilla essance. Throw it into the lake and rest the rod as low as possible, so there is next to no resistance for the line. Then let the drag right off so they can suck the bait up and move it around until the hook bites.

Then sit back, enjoy the world passing you by and listen for the buzzing drag. Or flick some SPs for red fin for a laugh. :)

Not trying to teach you to suck eggs, just sharing what works for me :)

Thanks people. I will give a few of those spots a go. As well as using the tips mentioned above.

My previous setup "packed it in" so I am planning on getting another really light setup going. Planning on a 1000 reel, 4pnd line, what rod do you think i should match it up with?

A nice light quantum or a drop shot. Great rods. Ive got a Berkley blast in 4 to 7kg. Seems heavy but not bad for light work. I also got a rovex air strike in 3 to 6kg which is awesome for the money it cost.

Try around parramatta river near the park. There was a carp comp for kids there not long ago I think. Also a shit ton of eel and also word of bass in the system. Im keen as to get out and try soon.

Just got back from local stream and trying to resize pic's to put post up. Will give you details and location as soon as I can work out this windows 8, hopefully tonight.

You will want to try where we got them as their size is big to say the least.

Regards Jeff

Just got back from local stream and trying to resize pic's to put post up. Will give you details and location as soon as I can work out this windows 8, hopefully tonight.

You will want to try where we got them as their size is big to say the least.

Regards Jeff

Yeh mate I'd be very interested to try a "good" spot out (not sure if its "good" if its filled with Carp lol). Post up the pics would also be interested in taking a look at whats out there. Please message me with details of the spot.

Thanks mate,

Alex.

Edited by GABBA