Keeping berkley Gulps

Serena

Hi Raiders

Im trying to find a better way to keep gulps in good nick. Im sure im not the only one having them dry out in the bag by crews members not sealing the bag properly!!

Ive seen the gulp containers but was told by a few people that they leak/

Has anybody had better success with something else?

Also not sure on the juice you use. I was told by a tackle shop to use the gulp alive spray bottle and just remove the top and pour it in.

Ray

Mate I have one of those flat oval shaped Berkley containers and it is fine, dosen't leak and all that juice keeps them soft and juicy. I have really filled it too with all sorts of shapes and colours..

I have the containers too and they are fine...if you put the lid on properly. You can now buy bottles of the liquid from tackle shops. It only came out late last year but I'm sure anyone that stocks Gulps can order it in if they don't have it on hand or just ring around.

Mate a cheaper way would be go to like big_dub yuuz or something you can actually buy for around $27 a large container of mixed colours of jerk shads, prawns or crazy legs and it's full of liquid and bonus gulps to boot just a thought...

Tight lines,

Shakeel

Edited by 1 last cast

I use old Kraft Vegemite jars!

The little ones for grubs / short minnows. And the bigger jars for the bigger fish / minnows / worms etc.

As soon as I get a new packet of plastics, I immediately put them into a new jar.
I have a separate tackle box full of Jars I keep in my plastics / flicking back pack so I can change it up quickly.

They never leak and are easy to wash if you spill any juice.

You can gets plastic bottles of gulp juice. but the instructions on the back of the gulp container say you can add some fresh water to dilute and fill the container.

I used a combination of the bottled gulp juice, the existing juice in the pack they came in and fresh water. dont fill above the gulps, you will just waste it.

Happy to help if u need more info

I meant the juice that comes with the plastics.

I do have one of the large $27 tubs of the gulp assorted shrimp - but find they are a bit harder / tougher compared to the ones in the packet. Not sure why though.

So I have a large tub of juice and the juice in the vegemite jars that comes with the packets

Hi Raiders

Im trying to find a better way to keep gulps in good nick. Im sure im not the only one having them dry out in the bag by crews members not sealing the bag properly!!

Also not sure on the juice you use. I was told by a tackle shop to use the gulp alive spray bottle and just remove the top and pour it in.

Ray

I use old plastic Peanut butter containers and half fill then with Gatorade to keep them moist.Works for me.

Has anyone tried Fish sauce as a gulp juice alternative?

works great on me

I meant the juice that comes with the plastics.

I do have one of the large $27 tubs of the gulp assorted shrimp - but find they are a bit harder / tougher compared to the ones in the packet. Not sure why though.

So I have a large tub of juice and the juice in the vegemite jars that comes with the packets

ditto

Got the tub with worms and plenty of juice

Hey guys!

Purefishing recently released "Gulp! Recharge" it's in a 236ml bottle and retails about the same price as a packet of plastics. It is the same liquid as what is in a tub of gulp alive so different from the spray bottles which have extra scents in them. The global demand has been massive for this stuff and because of this the supply has been a little slow coming out of the US. Expecting some shipments to arrive in the next 2 weeks so hopefully all the stores will have their back orders fulfilled. If your local store doesn't have any in stock but carries Gulp they can order it in for you. I wouldn't recommend keeping your gulps in anything other than the juice that's meant for them as they can spoil. I've seen people try to mix stimulate and other products with a tubs of gulp and lost the lot. Food for thought.. And fish! ;)

Cheers,

Mark O :)

Hi Raiders

Ray

Have a look at the lunch box section in Woolworths if your looking for various containers. They have heaps there, small, large, screw lids, push on lids, leak proof and there pretty cheap too.

Hey guys!

Purefishing recently released "Gulp! Recharge" it's in a 236ml bottle and retails about the same price as a packet of plastics. It is the same liquid as what is in a tub of gulp alive so different from the spray bottles which have extra scents in them. The global demand has been massive for this stuff and because of this the supply has been a little slow coming out of the US. Expecting some shipments to arrive in the next 2 weeks so hopefully all the stores will have their back orders fulfilled. If your local store doesn't have any in stock but carries Gulp they can order it in for you. I wouldn't recommend keeping your gulps in anything other than the juice that's meant for them as they can spoil. I've seen people try to mix stimulate and other products with a tubs of gulp and lost the lot. Food for thought.. And fish! ;)

Cheers,

Mark O :)

I put in my first mixed gulp plastics in a Plano sp container and topped it up with aniseed fish scent spray, they seem fine to me and I'm now wondering if it's ruined the plastics they look and feel fine but it smells better that the gulp juice on its own. But any new plastics I bought I've kept them separate. One of the guys at the tackle shop said just top it up with a bit of water of the juice is running low! It's so confusing ....

Tight lines,

Shakeel

Hi Predator

The gulp juice your talking about is gulp alive in the spray bottle?

Also how much water did you add?

In addition to the spray, gulp also have refill bottles. i just pour a bit of that and a bit of FRESH water.

I only use enough water/gulp mixture so all are in contact with the juice. the gulps sitting on top are not submerged. they stay moist and gulpy.

I dont think it matters too much the ratio of gulp juice to water. they all still smell like the horrible gulp juice when i take them out lol

Hi guys sorry about the late reply. I think a little fresh water isn't a problem to spread it out they are a water based scent. The Gulp spray is fine to mix as it is actual gulp juice just with added scents too. The good thing about gulp is that they absorb other water based scents really well so you really only need to apply extra scent if you want to after you take the bait out of the container. I don't think it's worth the risk of loosing a whole tub by adding anything other than what is meant for them.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Raiders

Ray

I use old plastic Peanut butter containers and half fill then with Gatorade to keep them moist.Works for me.

So humans aren't the only things that Gatorade can rehydrate? What gave you that idea? Seems a bit left field.

So humans aren't the only things that Gatorade can rehydrate? What gave you that idea? Seems a bit left field.

Hi Fozzy.All you need to do to re-hydrate them is chuck them in water.

Do a test.Leave one in the sun for a day so its all shrunk and hard.Then chuck it in a glass of water for a day or so and it comes back to as good as new.

Re the Gatorade I just wanted some thing better than water to store them in and I found a half full bottle of red Gatorade in the boat and chucked all the used ones in to see how they went.

To be honest I'm not a fan of Gulp juice,spray,s-factor, garlic spray or any of that stuff as I think its all BS and marketing. I have had many days catching doughnuts,then I have applied the magic spray[which said I would catch more fish with this spray on] AND STILL CAUGHT NOTHING.

So now I just use Gatorade to stop them from drying up.

Regards.

Sent from a computer using a key board.

• 4 weeks later...

Does mixing gulps and other brands do anything. I want to combine all my S.Ps in one or two containers. But the squidges seem to be a lot softer. I reckon they might bleed beeps of colour or perish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk