Hill 60 Port Kembla BEWARE

fisholb

hi raiders. just letting everyone know that there are lowlifes hanging around hill60 and damaging vehicles. my mates car was damaged last night. the lowlifes took everything inside the car and broke the windows. the police came and told my mate that this incident has been happening in hill60 lately. they are watching the area but they can't be there all the time. it happened around 11pm last night.

Guest hawkesbass

Scum thats all they are cannot be bothered too get ahead in life so they take from others hopefully not too much went missing

I saw a car slowly edging down the hill one afternoon. It stopped and turned around when I walked up to my car which was near it......

You have to understand that there is a large department of housing complex near by and Wentworth street is a known place for drugs and prostitution.

I am not being judgement regarding the housing commission area but having lived and worked in the area my hole life (was born in port kembla hospital) I must say the people in the neighboring area are a mix from really friendly to quite dangerous.

I will never stay there after dark

Its not just housing commission areas. My mates van got broken into at Berowra ramp late last year and all his trade tools stolen. They did the same thing as what was done to your mates car, smashed the window to get in. This happened between 6pm and 10pm when there was a fair few boats putting in and pulling out.

Jeff

thanks for the heads up fisholb i hear the fustration it happened to me too, as my vehicle was only a week old tho it didnt happen there.

the lowlife B*****Ds did plenty of damage to mine cost damage was in the $3,500 mark & left blood stains all over the interior.

Hopefully these thugs get caught & do some time in jail

Never been to Hill 60 but I have been thinking of heading down there this season.

Would it be considered safe for an early monining spinning session? 6am - 10am

My Father loved fishing at Julianne's Rock (Little bay) our main fishing haunt for over 20 years, but now he's approaching his mid 70's. He's still fit but due to a heart attack suffered almost 10 years ago he struggles to getting back up the steep ravine at little bay. Therefore I was thinking that Hill 60 would be a good substitute.

Also, how does Hill 60 compare to Bass Point, which is another location I've not been to but have been interested in fishing.

Thanks in advance.

Never been to Hill 60 but I have been thinking of heading down there this season.

Would it be considered safe for an early monining spinning session? 6am - 10am

My Father loved fishing at Julianne's Rock (Little bay) our main fishing haunt for over 20 years, but now he's approaching his mid 70's. He's still fit but due to a heart attack suffered almost 10 years ago he struggles to getting back up the steep ravine at little bay. Therefore I was thinking that Hill 60 would be a good substitute.

Also, how does Hill 60 compare to Bass Point, which is another location I've not been to but have been interested in fishing.

Thanks in advance.

Hill 60 is a odd place regardless of time though morning would be better than evening.

Based on what I have seen in my last three outings (2 at hill 60 and yesterday at bass point.) Bass Pt was producing insane amounts of fish.....I wont start on another rant about my luck there :1giveup: but it is easier to get around then hill 60 and has good facilities.

The blokes yesterday were pulling in bonnies and frigates....there were buckets of them (literally) all over the rocks.

Weekdays are best as from what I saw yesterday the weekends were pretty jam packed.

Ill be back when I get a small equipment upgrade.

Hill 60 is a odd place regardless of time though morning would be better than evening.

Based on what I have seen in my last three outings (2 at hill 60 and yesterday at bass point.) Bass Pt was producing insane amounts of fish.....I wont start on another rant about my luck there :1giveup: but it is easier to get around then hill 60 and has good facilities.

The blokes yesterday were pulling in bonnies and frigates....there were buckets of them (literally) all over the rocks.

Weekdays are best as from what I saw yesterday the weekends were pretty jam packed.

Ill be back when I get a small equipment upgrade.

Thanks for the info,

Had a look at Bass point on google maps and the street view pictures and it appears the main fishing spot is facing north. It appears there are many good spots but google maps can be deceiving.