Is 20lb braid to 20lb mono a good combo for the rocks?

elferoz777

Just wanted to know what the thought were on 20 lb braid to 20 lb mono for rock fishing.

This is the set up i will take to bassy to try for frigates and bonnies

Should I go higher?

Also what size hooks to you think are best?

I have large octopus ones I think size 5 or 6

mate...i use 30lb braid on my mainline n 30lb fc on my leader/trace...20lb is ok but u will get bitten off by d bonito n tailor...also braid will b cut easier on d rocks compare to mono...if u r planning to do mostly spinning...go for d braid...

for hooks i use 2/0-3/0 suicide for bonito/salmon/kingy/tuna...goodluck...btw...i always use 2 rods/reels...one for spinning one for bait...13/15ft rods r good...

Ive done it on 10lb. Never had a bust off. My reel was small and anything heavier would have been overkill. On my new reel though its 20lb.

You spin you win, you bait you wait. When bonnies snd the little macs are feeding, they will annihilate your lures.

Edited by SargeRX8

20lbs is overkill for bonnies, 15lbs max, 10lbs is preferred, 8lbs hell fun, 6lbs is what i have been using for kicks and have been busted off a few times but most times i land them......the most trouble is getting the buggers onto the rocks without using a net :D

good drag setting and wait out the fight and you can land bonnies and macks on anything unlike kings and snapper they wont run for the reef they will just charge off high in the water. in the harbour ive fished 2lb of bonnies and frigates landbased you loose a few fish but so much fun when they scream off.