bass point 9/3/2013

fisholb

hi raiders,

had the weekend off so we decided to go to bass point. suppose to be moving to a new house but its not ready yet so more fishing time for me. rang up the wifes cousins and asked them to join us at bass point. promised them that i will make sure they will catch their 1st bonito/frigate. checked the weather and it wasnt looking good. forecast was up to 25 knots wind. one of my mate told me that it will be better to go to hill60. i decided to check bass point 1st and then go to hill60 if its very windy.

got to bass point around 1pm. very surprised that there are vacant parking spaces. the ledge was half full. around half a dozen fishos spinning and the rest were just sitting around. i told my mate that the bonito/frigate might not be there. anyway quickly rigged up 2 rods. one for lure one for bait. my wifes cousins r still 30mins away so me and my mate decided to try the new lures we bought online. i decided to use d zman streakz 5in and my mate decided to use d river2sea metal lure. within 5mins my mate caught his 1st bonito. me nothing. after 10mins i decided to change my lure to a metal slice i bought online. by this time my mate already caught 3 bonito. started spinning with the metal and after a couple of minutes i got my 1st frigate. i managed to catch 5 by the time my wifes cousins showed up.

i told my wifes cousins to rigged up with metals and told them to take my spot. my arms were getting sore already so i took a break while my wifes cousins were spinning with the metals. after 10mins later my wifes cousin caught his very 1st bonito. he was all smiles and hi 5s all round. after that he caught his 1st frigate. his brother caught his 1st bonito. the brothers ended up with around a dozen or so bonito/frigate in about 2hrs. everyone were all smiles. i was really feeling good coz i did fulfill my promised to them and they were very thankful. their mate on the other hand only manage a salmon. the biggest salmon i ever saw. close to 1m and around 4/5kg. fattest salmon ive seen. the salmon was released to fight another day. i was disappointed i didnt get a photo of the salmon.

the winds started to blow to around 25/30 knots making it hard to spin so we decided to pack up. we left while the bonito/frigate were still biting.

post-18634-0-78803700-1362896682_thumb.jpg

post-18634-0-34324800-1362896747_thumb.jpg

Nice catch there mate , it,s a great spot to fish the only downside is the grubs who refuse to pick up their rubbish and the dills who clean their fish high up on the rocks where the blood and guts rot in the sun. I,m sure you,re not one of those clowns, looks like your fish have been well looked after. Hope you keep catching and lets all do our best to keep all the rock ledges clean. cheers

Where is my first bonito!!!!!!!!

It was like that at the break wall in port too....

I was aiming for bream though whilst the cook islander next to me bagged out on every pelagic known to man lol

Its coming!

Good stuff

its funny but when I went a few weeks ago they were ignoring metals and going after the plastic squiddy things

Now they have a taste for steel.....pays to bring all the gear out.

What a way to get your wifes cousins hooked. Congratulations.

yeah mate...they r now hooked... they wanted to go back d next day(sun)...took them back yesterday... caught bonito/frigate/kingy...let d kingy go to fight another day...

Nice catch there mate , it,s a great spot to fish the only downside is the grubs who refuse to pick up their rubbish and the dills who clean their fish high up on the rocks where the blood and guts rot in the sun. I,m sure you,re not one of those clowns, looks like your fish have been well looked after. Hope you keep catching and lets all do our best to keep all the rock ledges clean. cheers

we always bleed d bonito n cleaned it when we get home...thats d wifes job...lol...

yeah...really hate those fishos who leave their rubbish behind...there r bins provided so why not put it there... must be too hard for them...

I was aiming for bream though whilst the cook islander next to me bagged out on every pelagic known to man lol

Its coming!

Good stuff

its funny but when I went a few weeks ago they were ignoring metals and going after the plastic squiddy things

mate...thought u caught your 1st bonito already...hope u can catch one soon...before they disappeared from bass pt...

bonito will either take metals, skirts, pilchards...just depending on d condition...u need to always bring those n check which one will work...yesterday...d bonito preferred d pilchards...spent 2hrs spinning with metals n skirts but only managed a couple...

Its coming!

Good stuff

Hopefully you went out today for the Bonnies, conditions were good, the weekend looks horrid again.