Botany Bay 31.07

spizza

G'day,

With my brother's (Soapie) tinnie sitting in my garage whilst he's holidaying overseas :ranting2:, I thought it would be ideal to soak up as much boat action as I could before he get's back.. :biggrin2:

Gave my usual fishing haunt the Northern Beaches sands a miss and took the tinnie to Botany Bay. Managed to get my mate Tony away from his salami making duties for the weekend and we met up at the ramp.

We headed out in glorious conditions and managed to get into some of the usual Bay residents..

Pics are a little ordinary, but here are some.

Tony locking up & blurter

post-449-1122853912_thumb.jpg

post-449-1122854001_thumb.jpg

Me and my fish

post-449-1122854072_thumb.jpg

post-449-1122854106_thumb.jpg

post-449-1122854167_thumb.jpg

post-449-1122854208_thumb.jpg

The sambo was fun, smashed a Spanyid Maniac and proceeded to give me a good beating on the gear I was using. Ended the day with about 10 blurters, a tailor, the sambo and a flattie. Only kept what was needed for a feed and the bigger blurters were released.

SP's used were 3" bass minnows, and 3" Softies (Rack gliders).. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Spizza

Ps/ Tony, don't forget about me when your salami is ready in two weeks!! :yahoo:

Edited by spizza

Glad someone's putting his boat to use

Nice trev's and sambo's boys, I take it that you were at the usual spot ?

Chris

60078[/snapback]

Hi Chris,

Yep, usual spot :biggrin2:

Interesting discovery yesterday. No surface activity yesterday and no birds whatsoever, so we decided to focus on the 3" minnows bouncing off the bottom.

After about 2 hours, a couple of fellas came trolling past us and latched on to a nice tailor right in front of us. So, I thought I'd cast the spanyid out. After about 10 casts I landed a nice chopper and the sambo. The fish were hanging around us and we didn't notice til the two guys trolling past us raised some fish.

Goes to show that spme times pelagic fish are there even though the usual signs aren't. I'll definatley be casting the spanyid out more often in future even if I don't spot any surface activity.

Cheers,

S.

Howdy, Do you guys fish for the Trevors the same way you would fish for flatties or bream????? i have only ever got one trev on a bass minnow before and i had left it under the wharf while i answered my phone. i.e. it was just sitting there motionless??

SLow retrieve??

Howdy,  Do you guys fish for the Trevors the same way you would fish for flatties or bream????? i have only ever got one trev on a bass minnow before and i had left it under the wharf while i answered my phone. i.e. it was just sitting there motionless??

SLow retrieve??

60092[/snapback]

Hi Fauce,

I use the same technique for all the species you mentioned when using the 3" minnows. I have also had trevors hit the minnow before I have had a chance to wind the slack.

I prefer a slow retrieve, almost robotic, but I really like to feel in control of the minnow. I like to 'feel' it's movement, so sometimes that can come down to the right size jig head to suit the fishing conditions. My thoughts.

cheers, :thumbup:

S.

Well well well !! Doesnt that tinny look familiar !! Good effort boys !!!

Well while you guys are :1fishing1::1fishing1: , we are :beersmile::beersmile: .

Kfish01 and I managed to check out the local fishing possies in Amorgos (island in the Aegean Sea) Kfish01 was lucky enough to hook up a 3 ft Barracuta, with 2 of his mates follwing. Unfortunately the 12pd mono lost the battle last minute to the fearsome cuta teeth !!

The local handline fisherman was quite stunned by the SP fishing technique !

Pics to be posted soon from the next net cafe!!

Cyaz all later, Paros next stop !! :beersmile::beersmile::thumbup:

hey nick

hope you are having fun over there mate while all us workers have to do that weekly thing called work .. any nice greek godesses over there mate..

cheers and injoy your self mate

Dave :thumbup:

nice fish to spizza atleast someones catching them been finding it tough with the bream at the moment cheers

Edited by David C

Well well well !! Doesnt that tinny look familiar !! Good effort boys !!!

Well while you guys are  :1fishing1:  :1fishing1: , we are  :beersmile:  :beersmile: .

Kfish01 and I managed to check out the local fishing possies in Amorgos (island in the Aegean Sea) Kfish01 was lucky enough to hook up a 3 ft Barracuta, with 2 of his mates follwing. Unfortunately the 12pd mono lost the battle last minute to the fearsome cuta teeth !!

The local handline fisherman was quite stunned by the SP fishing technique !

Pics to be posted soon from the next net cafe!!

Cyaz all later, Paros next stop !!  :beersmile:  :beersmile:  :thumbup:

60109[/snapback]

Hey bro! Nice to see you posting from o/seas you lucky b___d!! :biggrin2:

Unlucky about those cuta's! Can't wait to see the pics.

Spizza.

hey nick

hope you are having fun over there mate while all us workers have to do that weekly thing called work .. any nice greek godesses over there mate..

cheers and injoy your self mate

Dave  :thumbup:

nice fish to spizza atleast someones catching them been finding it tough with the bream at the moment cheers

60115[/snapback]

Hey Dave, bummer about the bream mate. I actually haven't landed a bream on SP since the Pittwater social! :wacko: Might have a crack at them now that I'm sitting on Soapie's tinnie... :1naughty:

Cheers,

Spizza