blackfish sydney rocks

slam354

Gooday raiders.I hope everyone had a nice easter break. I was lucky enough to have a free day today so I decided to try for blackfish at one of my old haunts. Got there around 10.am with an expected high tide around 2.00pm.When I arrived I was greeted with a light southwesterly and dead flat seas with minimal wash. I thought to myself the only chance of getting a few fish would be to fish the lowest ledges and burley heavily well that was the idea. Kicked some burley in and saw some large drummer come up and scoff the weed a bit weird I thought they normally don t like flat seas. Anyway threw the float in within seconds bustoff big time drummer for sure I thought .Cast in again float disappears suddenly another bustoff. Third drift low and behold a steady down and the first blackfish of the day .From that moment on it was game on with fish comng in left right and centre until about 2 hours after high tide. All fish today had a preference for weed over cabbage which happens from time to time.I lost count how many fish I lost as the bites were quite timid hence had to use a light rock float. I ended up with 16 fish and kept 10 for the table. Cheers Steve.

post-13936-0-86540600-1364899182_thumb.jpg

Well done again Steve. Impressive effort considering the conditions.

Also really nice to meet a fellow raider on the stones! Hopefully we'll get a chance to fish together again down the track!

Nice catch mate.

Yes the Blackfish we catch at The Entrance prefer the wire weed over the soft or cabbage, it's a bit hard to find at the moment, but you can find some in the regular places