Big sharks, blue marlin & tuna

Got a few reports in over the past 2 days with the Port Hacking gamefishing club holding its annual comp.

Great weather saw some great fish caught - Saturday saw a few marlin caught, blue sharks, makos & a very impressive 282kg tiger caught on 10kg (possible world record) but the catch of the day for my liking was a 66kg bigeye tuna caught on the troll.

Today I heard of a 160kg blue marlin being weighed but again a massive shark this time mako weighing 328kg on 15kg & another boat was bringing in another big tiger. That's a massive mako & when you see these big tigers I still can't get over the all tackle world record for a tiger shark is over 800kg caught in Ulladulla.

Would love to hear from people that fished in the comp & if anyone has any more accurate details let us know.

Cheers

Damo

282 on 10 wow, that would have been a battle wonder how long the fight went on???...

pending aus junior record,

a lot of water between fish, about half a dozen marlin over 2 days and 40 boats entered, admittedly some were shark boats.

good tourney though, difficult with a westerly, water going uphill and a full moon.

well done leroy, smallest boat takes biggest marlin.