Flathead feast - the central coast

shak4g63

Hi fellow raiders,

Thought I would share with you the ups and downs of fishing. With a quick fishing report.

It's been about 4 months since I caught a legal sized fish and sometimes getting donut after donut u think you might as well open a Krispy Kreme outlet!

So we set off to the central coast took the lil Quinterx tinny aiming to get a feed of bream, armed with one bream setup each and one sp outlet , with one chopped up sea mullet and banana prawns, we hit the water 1 hour before sunset.

It was such a beautiful day, calm sunny and

So relaxing, the joys only fisherman know.post-22286-13671594533784_thumb.jpg

So started slow with peckers then some amazing runs on bream with the light 5 kilo outfit, pulling drag ...... Does anything sound sweeter than that! Fortunately for the bream which were all under size by 2-3 cms , all breams were hungry for mullet strips, spiked up gills flaring in spawning mode are always so much fun.

Just on sunset the mayhem began slow steady pull, then gentle head shakes and powering runs close to the boat out comes the net 1st flatly, then 2 flatties ah ah ah (like the count from Sesame Street) 3 flatties ah ha ha until 4, pulled some hooks the went quiet for a while.

The sps were getting interest but failed to keep the hooks in!

On high tide change the water got a little fast then I cast towards the pylons into a hole which was half lit and half dark. Bang something took my bait, then slack line I keep slowly winding the bait back and damn I'm snagged! Boy was I wrong! Big powerful head shakes this is a big flatly my rod nearly snapped heart in mouth the drag was peeling I steadily increased the drag and turned the fish it came straight for the boat and then decided to go under with half my rod in the water I turned the fish and my mate with brilliant scooping action on second attempt secured the biggest flathead for the day I think my biggest dusky a new pb I was wrapped.

So 7 flatties the biggest at54 cm and a bream , went home happy!

post-22286-1367160550689_thumb.jpgmmmmflatly fillets

Also one of the flathead we caught had not 1 but 2 hooks stuck in its gobs ell I guess 3rd time lucky! Unlucky for the flattie !!!

post-22286-13671607088883_thumb.jpgpost-22286-13671607317698_thumb.jpg

Fish is cleaned and fillets will be fried up tomorrow!!! Yum

Thanks guys, I wish I could share this amazing sport we call recreational fishing with others.... An update on the flatly fillets......from this post-22286-13673193568534_thumb.jpg

To this

post-22286-13673193907659_thumb.jpg to finally this post-22286-13673194222775_thumb.jpg unfortunately burnt the first batch but was a hit with the crowd!!!!