Darwin June 22-27

vo2c88

Hey guys,

it's been a long time coming however fairs have been paid and flights booked. Im heading up to darwin with 2 fellow mates for 5 days in which we are hiring a boat for 3 days fishing. It's the first time we head up north and just wondering what to expect in terms of species at that time of the year. Any advice will be appreciated.

Cheers

Vo2c88

The best thing you can do is go fishing with a guide for a day or two. Watch carefully what they do because they will know what fish to target at that time of year.

Most of the Territory is very dependent on tides & moon phases. Check out the local tackle shops, buy abit of gear & pick there brains as to whats on the bite. The Barra will be there but sometimes they can be very frustrateing to catch, more so if the water temp drops.

There will be plenty of 'Jacks,Queenfish, Fingermark & Trevelly of every varieity!!!! Even the Catfish pull like trains.....!!!! You will all have the best time & it wont be your last trip to the "Big North'!!!!

Fully agree with Hotbite, mate it is a hard place to fish as the place is like nothing down this way.

I am fortunate to have family up there and have been for 30 years or so, without them I wouldn't have

had a chance.

Anyway enjoy your trip and go see the locals first, listen to all they say...

Thankyou guys for your responses. It's a challenge we've set ourselves without beibg stupid. it'll be interesting to see how we go. Just experiencing it would be great and any fish a bonus. Will keep you posted on how we go!

Regards

Vo2c88

• 4 weeks later...

If your chasing barra up the creeks dont forget to take a stack of repellent and the strong stuff to midgie bites can ruin a good trip trust me. you'll still get bitten buy them but if you dont have the repellent you will be scratching like mad for a while..

just my 2 cents but have fun mate awsome place for a holiday even better place to live i think thats why im moving up there in a couple of months