Bob day today

Guest hawkesbass

Great report and there's a few envious frustrated black fishermen out there reading these reports.

What I would like to know is what strength and brand of line you are using.? Are you using the No. 8 circle luderick hooks.?

How high do you have to lift them and did you drop many with line breaking trying to lift them or were you fishing 3.5kg leader, are you using an alvey side cast blackfish reel and a single piece 10.5 foot or 12 foot blackfishing rod.?

How did you keep them alive,? is there a pool on ledge to put fish and swimmer in to keep them alive.

I have fished often at the Horseshoe and Blue Hole at behind the oil refinery at Kurnell with bobby corks with similar results, however never with bread.

I had a fish today with Poobear this afternoon at the cable crossing in Harbour, however the fish were scarce with only four definite bites and 3 in the swimmer. Two were stud fish all released to catch another day. Poobear may post a pictures if inclined.

Howsy

Guest hawkesbass

Caught these twelve months ago.

Luderick do take bread regularly but need time too become tuned to the bread.

I use six pound leader and the lift up the ledge is fifteen feet and there is a swim hole half way up the ledge for the keepers net on a long rope.

Edited by hawkesbass