Going down to Mollymook next week

digiman

Any information as to whether the salmon are still around off the Ulladulla area beaches at the moment? Anything doing in Narrawalle Inlet or Lake Conjola out of a tinnie? Grateful for any up-to-date info.

mate this time of the year the salmon can be found all along the south coast beaches, i personally fish out of burrill lake so i know the area quite well, id be using pilchards on any size ganghooks with a 15lb leader on 10-12lb line using a 12ft beach rod. as for the tinny fishing i dont fish personally inlets or lakes in winter as it all gets a bit quite, but often you can find flathead in the shallows on sunny days as they seem to bask up there, lake conjola is good for decent size bream, i use SP around structure.

hope this helps but if you need any more info im happy to help some more, as i said i fish burrill lake more but have fished all these areas .

Thanks for the tips GrantJack1994. The weather looks horrific for next week with this southerly gale pushing a huge swell from the South. I believe the rocks on the point (south side) of the inlet at Narrawallee is a bit protected and would allow a cast with pillies into waves at the channel entrance. Does this produce for salmon and tailor in wilder conditions? Also the channel entrance at slack high and low might be a goer for blackfish, bream and leatherjacket on float using weed and prawn combo?? Has anyone done any good in these places with these rigs for those species at this time of year and in similar conditions we are going to have this coming week? It all looks a bit 'desperate' weather-wise but am definitely going down on Tuesday thru Friday. I'll take the SPs and try the lagoon and lake Conjola from the tinnie, GJ.

Hey hey, I've fished the rocky point at Narrawallee inlet before, can't say it's been successful for me, whether it was the time of day, lures/bait etc I've been there I'm not sure. My cousin is local and reckons the channel that's left in the inlet at low tide across the sand flats produces monster flatties though!

Otherwise for beaches, racecourse around from ulladulla is a great surf fishing beach I hear, and I've pulled salmon from the channel beneath the ulladulla lighthouse headland. It's a pretty safe spot too, as it's well sheltered by another rocky crop that takes the main brunt of the tide, although in rough swells it's not a place to be. Pretty certain people also catch tailor in the channel too, and the harbor also produces tailor and squid if you know where to look! Hope that's of some help :-)

Alluring