Anyone watch TV on your laptop?

nbh00d

I am in the process of bringing my laptop to work so I can watch some TV. I will be mainly watching some of the fishing shows and prefer to record them as well. What will be the best way to do so? Should I get a USB DTV tuner stick and I have access to fast boardband internet. Any pointers???
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/por ... adband-eve

Mate...if u gonna get one of d usb tv tuner. ..make sure u got a very good external antenna... got one on my pc n I need to connect it to d outdoor antenna to get all d channels...d reception depends on where u r...

Mate...if u gonna get one of d usb tv tuner. ..make sure u got a very good external antenna... got one on my pc n I need to connect it to d outdoor antenna to get all d channels...d reception depends on where u r...

Same here. They are great with external antenna.

If you have access to fast broadband, ditch the tv stick and just stream love tv. Plenty of sites out there that allow you to do so.

If you are going the way of the stick, make sure you plug your main antenna into it and tune all the channels in before using the flimsy provided antenna.

Reception wise it will depend on your location/situation. They don't perform that well but since you are using it with a laptop you'll at least be able to move about to find a hotspot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Would agree with all of the above. My daughter and I have a Digital USB TV stick each. Even on the top floor of our home, my daughter could only tune 11 channels (ABC" and SBS's). I'm in the basement and plugged in to the house antenna and get great signal across the board.

If your workplace has an external antenna, go for it.