Sambo Social.

Guest Jocool

Thats a pity Tim.  Had you exchanged mobile numbers etc ??  Better luck with the next social.

61182[/snapback]

He had my mobile & I had his home number. I was pretty disappointed but I'm not angry about it because I wasn't able to get in contact with him to find out what happened. For all I know there could have been some family emergency or something. Either way, no hard feelings.

A huge thanks to Brian for having me aboard outnumbered,a better day could not have been ordered weather wise although it was a tad nippy in the morning.

It was a shame that we didn't make it to Clontarf Park but as Brian said when their on the bite what can you do :biggrin2:

It was quite a site to see Brian bring up the first of his 2 port jacksons on his 2 kg outfit (hows the arms mate?) Now if any of you guys how to create a commercial market for sweep I could well have a new career.

The variety and quantity of fish coming over the side was amazing although we never even got a sniff of our designated target species their was still enough for everyone to take home a feed.

Thanks again to Brian for having me onboard and I'll definately be taking you up on your offer for a day on the Bay,great to meet you Chris your 3 second jacket clean was very impressive particularly that move where you throw it clear across the boat :risata:

Looking forward to the next social

My apologies for not turning up yesterday. Sat night car was hooked onto trailer, gear in boat ready to go, however my gorgeus wife has become very unwell over the weekend (very nasty flu type lurgy) and with younger kids made it difficlut for me leave them yesterday. Hope you all had a good time and perhaps we can do it again sometime.

Cheers, Terry :05:

Funnily enough, I was at Clontarf for lunch yesterday and remarked to the girlfriend how many good looking fishing boats were moored there. Also noticed a very nice yellow two man kayak with electric motor too

Only if I had known it was the fishraider mob!

Incidentally I threw a few lures around the pool for no result. Gin clear water - but cold!

Ive already spoken to Tim but apoligies again to him was set to go when I jumped down from the boat and heard my knee pop followed by servere pain. The end result is that Im booked in for a total knee replacement in a couple of weeks. Really disapointed I couldnt make it amd feel even worse for the disapointment to Tim.

Cheers Phil

P.S Looks like the rest of the raiders found my honey hole near the bower anyway

Sorry to hear about the knee Phil :( , hope the op goes well mate

61226[/snapback]

Thanks Rob, third one mate so Im pretty blue about it sounds like an awesome day and Im sure I can make it up to tim sometime down the track.

little bit late dew to :beersmile::beersmile: last night :1prop:

but here we go thanks to darrly for taking me out top bloke :thumbup::thumbup:

thanks to george to organise a top day for the sambo

opps fish4fun pat top deckie :thumbup:

and thanks to all the old and new fishraider i met top blokes :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

here is a few of my pic

1st darrly and 66cm kingie

2st pogo &pete

and no 3is fishn& mark D

HEY CHRIS do you remember me :074:

post-73-1123481915_thumb.jpg

post-73-1123482072_thumb.jpg

post-73-1123482130_thumb.jpg

Guest fishrunner

G'day everyone,

A good day was had even though the fish didn't co-operate, which was a pity as we were both keen as mustard to be :1fishing1: .

Jewel's pretty much filled you in on the details(thanks for that :tease: )

A good day was had, I just feel that we shouldv'e had a bit of good karma after towing a skiing boat to roseville, and then we ran out of fuel just from the ramp,- gave us a bit of a laugh :074: .

Thanks for organising the day george, well done :1clap: a enjoyable day is always had.

cheers

Question for the Raider bait fisho's or anyone who knows the answer.

When you blokes were hanging off Manly were you anchored up and throwing berley or just doing a drift? :1fishing1:

Thanks and cheers

Hooky

Guest bluecod
Question for the Raider bait fisho's or anyone who knows the answer.

When you blokes were hanging off Manly were you anchored up and throwing berley or just doing a drift? :1fishing1:

Thanks and cheers

Hooky

61292[/snapback]

Narra and myself were anchored and burleying for the blurters - the sambo we got on the troll.

Had a great day at the Salmon Social, Thanks George for organising.

Headed off and picked up my boat about 0450, stoped off for fuel at the big Shell servo at Forestville, to find that I have some sort of fuel tank problem and filling the tank took forever. Down to the ramp just befor 0600 and met up with Pedro.

Shot off down middle Harbour as the Sun started to rise, what a top morning.

Ran a quick troll down past Balmoral for zip, and discovered that the sounder and fuel flow gauge were on the blink.

Tried for some squid along in front of the defence force area just East of Balmoral,

At least Pedro did, I stuck my head under the console to do some quick fault finding, had a win and got the sounder back up and running, corroded fuse was the problem, so got it up by bypassing the fuse.

I had a few casts for squid and Pedro got a call on the mobile with the hot tip from swoff that there were fish around off the bower.

Headed around and trolled down the front of North Head for no result, saw the guys in Outnumbered, got up to were all the boats were off fairy bower and grabbed a red flag off Joe.

Generally drifted around tryin metals, SPs, Flies for no result, although Pedro got buried by what was probably a King and had a run of seargeant bakers on SP. Saw Narra and Bluecod, swoffa, Daryl and Co, and saw Fishn and Mard D get a kingie

Dean Hayes was trolling up and down and getting fish so we went for a troll and kept rods ready for a cast at any surface action. I got a chase and a hit on a metal but didnt connect.

At one stage we trolled right round the corner towards Shelley Beach and saw this big brown shape in the water, we headed towards it and then Pedro sheared us off because he thought it was a rock. I'm going like hang on Ive surfed out here and there is no rock out here, we circled round and came at it again and it was a school of fish all bunched up. They all split up and dived as we got close.

On the next pass we saw them again and I fired a cast across them and got weight on as the lure pulled through the school. To our suprise I had foul hooked a blackfish of over a kilo which put up a good fight on the light gear and went into the live tank to think about things for a while.

So while I caught a luderick on a metal slug I cant really claim it as a fair catch.

On the next pass past Dean Hayes boat we had a chat to him, I've met him at the ramp at Bayview before. He gave us the tip on what he was doing and even threw us a lure to try when we said we didnt have anything like that. He was trolling CD7 and CD9 Rapalas in the blue and silver, the most suprising thing was the speed he was trolling at, warp speed. He did another couple of passes and then was going to move off and came over and offered us another lure. We were going to try jigging the bait balls so we thanked him and said no thanks.

The funny part was we had been watchng these guys in a Cruisecraft who seemed to spend the whole morning reversing around the place, we were making jokes about them until we realised they were catching fish.

Suddenly the light came on and we realised they were jigging lures up through the bait that was showing in patches on the sounder.

We gave the same system a go a scored a little kingie each on SPs

post-143-1123497841_thumb.jpg

Both around the 55cm mark

By that time it was time to head back to Clontarf to meet up with the guys for a beer and a chat.

Thanks heaps for coming along Pedro, really enjoyed the day and your welcome anytime.

Thanks Joe for the sticker and the Red Flag (thats what we are doing in your photo, putting the flag on the aerial)

And thanks to Dean Hayes who was helpful and generous

Looking forward to the next FR social, Glenbawn for Bass sounds good, but whoever does the organising shouldnt invite the electrical system GREMLINS along, they were out in force on Sunday

Regards POGO

Edited by pogo

G'day all,

Had a great day, thanks for organising this guys. I fished with Yellit on his really nice Freedomsport. Thanks Yellit for the day out even though there was a lack of action, we trolled around north head in the morning for 1 slimey mackeral then caught up with the rest of you along Manly where we drifted and threw 4 inch plastics around. I scored a little kingie of around 25cm and yellit got 1 legal and a throwback as well. I also managed to score 2 sergeant baker...i hate those bloody things. We then came back in about 12 to clontarf for a few mintues before Yellit dropped me off at the ramp so i could get to the footy in time....bloody roosters are crap, should of stuck around with the rest of you.

I also went fishing on Saturday morning where we managed to troll up 2 kignies, one was undersize and the other was 8 kgs...waiting to get the photo sent to me as the :wife: had my digi to use in NZ...gotta love not having the :wife: around for a full weekend....2 days of fishing and a :beersmile: in a corporate box at the footy....oh well im sure i will pay for it in the coming weeks.

George,

thanks very much for organising the day. Whilst we didn't get much fishing in we were more interested in meeting some of the fearless fish raiders which we achieved. The red flag idea is a beauty, we should fly them all the time!

It's nice to know nice people!

Cheers

Pete

Guest Jocool
How was it Joe?

61380[/snapback]

I wouldn't know Andrew. :wacko: I forgot to take it out of Jimbo's esky, what with all the fuss at the ramp. I'm sure it went down a treat. :thumbup: