Trolling the hawkesbury

brecko90

Hey guys, my brother and i have really been getting into trolling the hawkesbury, pitwatter and barranjoey heads, we have had some good success on salmon, tailor and the odd bonito, just wondering if any one has any tips, techniques or areas to try. im always for trying new idea so any help will be greatly appericated.

I'm also wanting to get my troll on, I havn't yet tried it however. What have you guys been trolling? Ive seen some blokes trolling close to the shoreline heading into pittwater from flint n steel. I don't know if they had any hookups though. I bought some halco's and a rapala this last fortnight and might take them for a whirl this weekend...I dont know if my gear is upto the task but I really dont want to lose a $30 lure on the first hookup haha.

Reubs

Guest Aussie007

at the start of last summer i trolled around the island and in between a couple of times using a rapala but kept snagging the bottom lucky it was a sandy/hard bottom my cousin did manage a bonnie, we've found most of the fish between brisk bay to flint and steel and anywhere in between also theres a small shallow reef just inside the heads of the hawkesbury its only small and can be seen on a GPS one day a mate and my self fished this little reef drifting for flatties we caught a few and all were decent sizes they were found around the outside of the reef, from memory it came up to 5 meters from 7-8 meters but it was a while ago so they might not be the exact depths as i use feet in my boat and was using a mates boat at the time

we only managed flatties around the reef but the first spot mention we have caught a variety drifting, this salmon was caught there along with another one and a few other fish

post-3154-0-16632400-1372914464_thumb.jpg