Boat fishing license

cameldownunder

Hi Raiders

Very often it happens that I take a friend on my boat with his junior, and I have to ask him to purchase a license.

I called NSW maritime to ask if it was possible to buy a boat license, so that I don't have to worry if my guests have a license or not.

The answer was that I would neet to be an official operator with all the whistle and bells to apply for a boat license, witch is a bit out of my range, as most guests are comin along for their kids or for the view, but still want to fish.

Do you have similar issues?

If there are other out there, with a desire for a boat license, could we launch a "petition" ?

I know, the danger is, that once such a boat license is in place, the boat owners then would probably need a "boat license" for fishing, instead of the general "NSW fresh and salt" fishing license. And obviosuly that kind of license would be more expensive.

Your thoughts ?

Was heading out early Sunday for a fish. Had a mate who's never picked a rod up decide to join the trip last minute Saturday night. Pain in the ass driving around looking for a servo to purchase a licence but that's just how it is I guess :(

About 12 months ago I was fishing/camping at an inland dam system. Got pulled up by fisheries for usual checkup. No worries as I fish by the rules and regs however on this occasion I left my wallet with licence back at camp (150 meters away). Got a fine $75 for not having in my immediate possession even after I pleaded to fetch my wallet from the shore. Not arguing as rules are rules I learnt the hard way.

I've made my mates buy them on their iPhones as we motor out the heads.

"Oh ... the NSW fisheries, quick my phone !"

I'm shure someone could make an app for that. So one would just have to press the "RED Button" and ta-da, problem solved.

Also good in case you forge the wallet on shore.

Edited by cameldownunder

hmm im misunderstanding you but a boat license is NOT a fishing licence and visa versa , you can pick up a "fishing licence @ most tackle shops or even kmart . a boat license is a different kettle of fish people that go on your boat dont need a boat license, if there not driving it .