Looking for Salmon around northen beaches.

Guest mike2153

Guest mike2153

Hi guys, Im thinking of heading out this afternoon to fish the late afternoon till sunset along the northern beaches somewhere.

Does anyone know of many beaches holding good gutters in close or holding good amounts of fish atm.

Ill be using a paternoster rig with a surf popper on top and a pillie underneath. CAn anyone give me any tips on how to burley the surf or just any tips the may be handy? Ive never had any luck catching anything off the beach so i quite keen to get my first fish off the beach today.

Cheers guys.

Try newport mate...salmon/tailor r usually ou there...try using a running sinker with ganged pillys or d 2 hook rig...it will help u find d gutters...let d rig move around until it sort of stays in one spot. ..then use d paternoster rig...goodluck...looking forward to your report...

South curl curl has been during for about the last

Month every time I have wet a line I have pulled a salmon or 10 up onto the sand.. I usually chop a few pillies into 2 cm cubes and through them into the gutter when I get there just to get some scent in the water