Still on the hunt for Tuna, Only a Mako to show for my efforts

Dfishin

In early June a fishraider charter was organised with Reef Magic to go out in search of Tuna, I decided to get on board as i have been wanting to try the tuna for a while. We didnt do very well but it has sparked the bug for me to catch one. Since that day i have got myself set up a bit and have been chasing them every chance i get, I have done 4 or 5 trips out of kiama when the weather has been ok. So with all other species been put on hold all efforts have been on tuna.

sunday the 11th was the last trip. And the most promising. We found some better looking water and Cubed. After about 20-30 mins we had a very big yellow fin in the cube trail and not long after a mako which i think scared the fin off.

Later that day we hooked and landed this mako

post-17313-0-90803400-1376915778_thumb.jpg

Dave

Finin.

All good Bud. He does look a bit limp Cuz we knocked the guts out of him before we got him on board. Just to be safe you know ;) .

Even. I will be out as well and ill keep in touch.

Manhands. We were out as far as 1000 fathoms. Found the better water in closer at around 200 but a fair way south.

Bluelabel. Had a few marks from SSTs with temp breaks . The last one we trolled to had a definite change in temp, lots of tuna birds sitting around together and some bait surfacing every so often. Did not actually mark fish on the sounder.

Dave