Sunday off Sydney

Hi guys,

With us not filling the charter we took the two guys that enquired for a run anyway as the water just looked very fishy & to good to not have a look. The morning was slow & a lot of chatter on the mountain said it was quiet & the guys chasing makos found it hard going. Heard Marquis tag a nice 120kg fish but most boats seemed to encounter large blue sharks. Reel Game had 4 or more swimming around the boat. We found plenty of striped tuna & marked a couple of decent fish & got a big hit on the shotty only to have the hook not find the spot. There were plenty of albies about if you wanted to catch them but we stayed in the same area where we got the first hit & right on the tide change something ate the 300mm bibless on the corner & took one of the hardest runs I've seen. With James saddled up the fish continued to scream line off & actually went up a gear once it took 400m & proceeded to try & spool us on 24kg.

The fish finally slowed up with around 80m of line left & we headed off after it. With James anticipating a very long battle sadly after 15 minutes the hook pulled leaving him a very painful line retrieve.

We kept trolling till six then headed for home. It was a lovely day on the water & the fish were where they should have been so the coming week looks very promising. I'm sure James will now have the bug to get back out & catch that fish of a lifetime.

Cheers

Damo

Great report mate I heard ya on the radio ! We fished browns for 0 ! Then trolled the temp break jus wide of shelf . Did you guys head wide of brows . Water seemed a bit green aswell !

Gday bluelabel.. sounded like the mountain was very quiet. The water was to green up there so we went wide & south - it cleaned up as you went further south as it got colder.

Cheers

Damo

• 2 weeks later...

A little late in replying but thanks again Damo for a cracker of a day. I'm still gutted I dropped that monster! My arm is still sore and I only had him for a few minuets, I think he was running for longer than I was pulling him in!

If anyone gets the chance they should get on board with Damo, the boat is amazing and the crew were gold! I definitely have the bug and have got you on speed dial for our next trip out... Stewy said to say thanks for the day as well, he had a ball.

Cheers again

James

post-25284-0-86795800-1378468907_thumb.jpg

post-25284-0-61816600-1378468955_thumb.jpg

post-25284-0-99170300-1378469001_thumb.jpg