Narrabeen Beach 24/08/2013

chubbz

Hey Guy's,

Have not really post many write ups but after having such a great night out with the old man and it being boring at work on a monday thought why not!

Checked the reports (weather, tide, swell etc) and decided Saturday afternoon into the night looked great for a beach fish.

Called the boys and we ended up doing a father son beach fish trip all up their was 8 of us!

Got to Narrabeen about 5.30 for the bottom of the tide and had all the lines in the water and first beer cracked at 6!

The first 2 hrs seen numerous tangled lines, beers spilt, abuse at re rigging etc - a great start to the night!

Soaked baits (pilly and squid) for around 2 hrs before the first rod buckled over, a nice 50 range (no measure) nice and fat Salmon. Wasn't much after 10 mins? the Second rod buckled over and went for a nice run, another fat salmon in the 50 range!!

would have been around 30 mins later My father Rod buckled over, zzzzzzzzzzzzz stop buckled again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz by the time my father and his bunged knees got there it was all over held the torch whilst he reeled in and bang my rod buckled over zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the line just keeps peeling, lift the rod and snap it back to set the hook and Nothing :( biggest anti climax ever ha!!

Still had my bait so threw it back out and zzzzzzzzzzzzzz i was straight on - not making the same mistake again i snapped the rod back and set the hooks clean - a few little runs and 5 mins later another nice Salmon up on the sand! this going the biggest by a head length (upper 50/low 60?)

Was a great night out with all the old fellas and for once us young guys teaching the old guys a thing or 2!!

Didnt get any pics as phone battery was dead :(

Nice report mate! did you notice how much warmer the water was to the sand?

salmon off the beach is awesome fun! well done

Was out fishing saturday night on the beach up at the entrance (Nice Salmon and gummy shark taken)

And yes, I noticed. Warm water/freezing sand!

Edited by Belligero

Was out fishing saturday night on the beach up at the entrance (Nice Salmon and gummy shark taken)

when are you headed next? be good to catch up
What happened sat night

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Was out fishing saturday night on the beach up at the entrance (Nice Salmon and gummy shark taken)

when are you headed next? be good to catch up
What happened sat night

What happened sat night

hey mate

good to meet you

ended up drinking and didn't go

only a few flatties were landed I think but they guys fished till midday wading around

no good good meeting you

Went to Narrabeen on Saturday morning (5am) and got a big fat salmon too. The tide was quite low, I walked along the beach casting full pilchards until I found a spot where the fish hit, here's a photo of my wife holding it before preparing a lovely sashimi:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=404789582956211

Did you actually eat a salmon raw?!

Atlantic salmon are awesome, but an Aussie salmon!!! :puke:

Cheers,

Grant.

I've had sashimi sambo, mother-in-law prepared it was much better than I expected. Flavour wasn't as strong and went really well with the dipping sauce. Doubt I could reproduce the same on my own though...