Buying boat and trailer from QLD - transfer

locodave

I did this last year. Both boat and trailer had current Qld rego.

Didn't have to get the boat weighed but did have to get it measured by a boat dealer (took it up to Huett Marine).

Trailer had to get brand new NSW rego plates. It took me a while to find a place to do this but in the end Manell Motors (a 4x4 accessory shop) at Thornleigh were one of the authorised places.

I needed new boat rego stickers as well.

I wouldn't want to go through the process again as it was a pain.

Marty

have to get boat OFF trailer...weigh the trailer.($30).. get certificate...then get blue slip ( which also verify the weigh certificate)...then go to RTA to lodge everything and get new plates to put on....then put boat back on trailer...done!

bit of hassle but one time deal...botany is good place to do the full circuit.

I had to do this when had my NEW built boat /trailer delivered from QLD last year, although it was heavy vehicle cause weighs 3T all up.... got boat delivered to Botany on a truck and then launched it tied it up and left a mate there then went to public weighbridge there then did inspections at Botany( a few around there blue slip places) then RTA at botany too... then came back and picked up boat.

I was never registered to begin with tho...in your case you only have to change but they treat cross borders as equivalent from inspection point of view

Are you going to tow it down? or are you picking it up from a transport depot?

By rights, you need a unregistered vehicle permit to pickup and drive it it home.

then You get a boatcode for the boat from a certified guy and then a Blueslip for the trailer.

If the trailer's make and model comes up in the database when they do the blue slip. You don't need to weigh it.

If it is a brand make trailer with a plate it should be in the database.

Hi Guys,

I called up RMS and got it figured out. So both boat and trailer are registered in QLD so it's not too hard.

I am getting it down here via truck.

In case anyone needs to know, these are the steps:

Trailer:

Need to get blue slip

Interstate papers

Current license

Hand plates in

Fill in two forms

Pay the amount :ninja:

Boat:

Hand in Vessel rego papers from QLD

$29 transfer fee