Engineer Reqd

Guest hottuna

I have snapped a screw in the face of my inter. I have drilled it out, however the old screw was high tensile, i need to get a tiny diegrinder/engraver to get the rest of the old screw out and basicly tidy up the hole so i can then tap it. 9 i have blunted all my tiny die grinder bits )Now being a handy sort of guy i`m now stuck as i cant do any more.

Any of you fellow fish raiders willing to help out, for a free day offshore in broken bay?

Dan

Wow - mate dont waste any more grinding bits or drills on high tensile. Most screws of that type are harder than any drill is. Can you take the face right off and get to the shaft of the screw? if you can .put a pair of vise grips on it and undo it. If its broken flush with the thread hole -oh dear. How thick is the shaft of the screw?

May Be NOT

I have some tungsten tipped dentists bits i use for fine work in a dremmel if you want one im happy to mail one your way just PM me, either that or go talk to you dentist

Cheers

Mike those dentist bits sound like the go. I have drilled "most" of the old screw out. However there was a sleve in it which needs to be made straight. As the hole i drilled didn`t go dead straight. Ive been at it for weeks on and off, just not getting anywhere.

Allen easyouts was my first option, they just broke.

Dan