Bass Fishing the Macleay 22/09/2013

one fishes

G'day all, me and my mate bruiser hit the Macleay Sunday for our first Bass fish of the season and didn't do to bad. We got on the river about 3:30pm with the idea of throwing around some hard bodies though the afternoon and then switching to surface poppers as night came on.

My mate Bruiser was using bib-less minnows and fishing the deeper water while I concentrated on using a shallow diving bibbed Atomic in Black casting at the bank.

We started off fishing the lower reaches with the first 2 fish caught around the 220mm mark, the next fish was slightly better and went 330mm, we had a couple more 300's and then decided to head up river. Further up the river Bruiser gets a nice healthy fish of 380mm and then we got a few more in the 300's again.

As night came on we switched to surface poppers (black Jitter bugs) and caught a few more in the 300's. In total we got around 12 fish for the afternoon, you start to loose count after a while. All fish were released, as we chase the little buggers for sport only.

Here's Bruiser with his 380mm Girl

post-8874-0-94116600-1379886686_thumb.jpg

Tight lines all Stu :fishing1: