Gutters and fish back on the Northern Beaches

quochuy

Hi guys

As discussed previously, it seemed that the gutters have been washed out from the Northern Beaches, and for a while no one has realky caught anything decent there.

But this weekend I had few bites from what I think are big Tailors. Dee Why's gutters seem to be back and on Saturday it gave me a heavy bite that cut off my 10 lb leader. I usually use a heavier leader but forgot it at home...

Today I went to Palm Beach and the same thing happened again with a 30 lb leader.

On both occasions I could probably get the fish if I was using a gang hook, but was running out of them so I used two snelled hooks instead which exposed the line. Oh well...

Anyway I'm pretty sure they were Tailors.

Also the guys next to me caught two big fat Aussie Salmon that must be 60+ cm

I will be back there next week or try The Entrance. And if time allows, I'll be back in Dee Why in the early morning during the week.

I caught no fish today but the family enjoyed the sunny Sunday. It's now over a year my family moved from London to Sydney and we are loving each minutes of this outdoor life style!

Wishing you all a nice Sunday evening and an awesome week!

Huy

--

http://www.facebook.com/gonefishinginoz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi Huy,

I went to Dee Why with Pred-a-tor (Stan) on Friday night. We fished the outgoing and incoming tide for only sand crabs.

We caught probably 20 between us. We fished up near the lagoon and then the pole near the middle of the beach.

Glad you had some luck though.

Cheers

Matt

I hope maroubra provides some monsters this week, heading down on Thursday night to hit the last hour incoming. I also moved over from London and am loving life, fishing in the big smoke was awful so being here is amazing!

I need to get back on the sand soon!

I see you've pulled in a few sharks recently... Any tips on bait and rigs? Salmon are great fun but I feel it's now time for something bigger!

Hey mate,

We use a double rig with snelled circle hooks. Weight is on a dropper between 80-110g depending on swell and current.

Drag is set really light.

Bait - california squid or strips of mullet.

Cheers!!! Now just need to land one and get that cheeky grin picture with it!

@fishingnoobs, I've been told the sand crabs are good eating. With 20 you could have a great snack!

Wait a couple of weeks or so and I believe all the small whitings I've released few weeks ago will grow up nicely.

@tef1on, I usually get sharks on the same baits as for Salmons: full pilchards on 3/0 gang hooks. Light drag as fishingnoobs said, adjust it during the fight if needed.

@howdoweplaythis, one big Salmon is much better than all the donuts of the last few weeks. Summer is not far so that will keep us entertained until then.

--

http://www.facebook.com/gonefishinginoz

Guest no one
On 10/1/2013 at 2:27 PM, quochuy said:

Do they make remote submarines?

Drones can send video stream via built-in wifi viewable from mobile phone

Can gopro do the same?

--

Yes but you will lose the feed underwater, plus mine leaked and ruined it.