Patonga

Brooker40

Guest mike2153

Ill be heading up there to on Saturday look out the guys in the fibreglass run about blue and white. Prbly yelling at each other and not getting any fish that'll be me and my mate. Try the ramp on the north side if the bay as you come into town down the hill keep going straight instead of veering right to head into town

You can launch at the ramp in the camp ground, negotiating out of the creek a low tide can be a problem though. The ramp on the north side is ok but not in a southerly which you may be facing this weekend. As a backup plan, the caravan park ramp is ok, you just need to follow the channel and a few small breaking waves on the way out.

At low tide it is over 1.5m deep (but narrow) whilst sticking with the markers on starboard side. It is when you get past the channel and no markers you need to keep a lookout. The sandflat out the front changes constantly but worst case, hop over the side because it is shallow and push the boat out.....and just pretend that you do this all the time!

Also, the Patonga creek itself is not bad for fishing, head upstream as far as you can and take it from there. Oyster leases, sand flats, deep drop-offs into the channel. You can get some descent fish out of there and is very pretty scenery......you could be anywhere! Pssss keep it quite though, as I love the place!

Guest mike2153

Twinfisher! You can't post that up here that's my secret spot! Now everyone will be up there soon haha nothing better than heading up the creek with an esky of beer and a few rods on the kayak