Cowan (1st/8th)

gibodfisho

Fished Cowan on the Sunday 2 weeks ago for a nice bag of bream. All fish were on bass minnows, mostly on 3' models but some as by catch on 4' watermelon. Also went out into Broken Bay looking for West Reef but my gps must be on a different datum and could not find it. A lot of boats were further east and I presume they were on East Reef. Mossied over there and caught 2 slimies that I spotted on the sounder. Tried Patonga on the way back for flatties :thumbdown: Headed back into Cowan to fish a reefy area. I stopped prior and fished the shoreline and got smoked by another good bream. I had stopped in front of another boat fishing sp's (couple hundred metres) which turned out to be Wacko in his new Boat. Hope I didn't step on your toes mate. Then continued on to the reef. The cruiser fleet was out in force and the wakes drove me away lookin for some better oppurtunities. Headed up river but the tide had just about bottomed out but I did find some promising possies (see next report). Took the bream for dinner for my uncle & me.

post-123-1124004454_thumb.jpg

Guest bluecod
Fished Cowan on the Sunday 2 weeks ago for a nice bag of bream. All fish were on bass minnows, mostly on 3' models but some as by catch on 4' watermelon. Also went out into Broken Bay looking for West Reef but my gps must be on a different datum and could not find it. A lot of boats were further east and I presume they were on East Reef. Mossied over there and caught 2 slimies that I spotted on the sounder. Tried Patonga on the way back for flatties :thumbdown: Headed back into Cowan to fish a reefy area. I stopped prior and fished the shoreline and got smoked by another good bream. I had stopped in front of another boat fishing sp's (couple hundred metres) which turned out to be Wacko in his new Boat. Hope I didn't step on your toes mate. Then continued on to the reef. The cruiser fleet was out in force and the wakes drove me away lookin for some better oppurtunities. Headed up river but the tide had just about bottomed out but I did find some promising possies (see next report). Took the bream for dinner for my uncle &  me.

62073[/snapback]

Nice feed Gibodfisho :1clap:

West Reef is straight out the front of Putty Beach [Kilcare] and East Reef is out from Maitland Bay - both reefs have bombies and will break in any sort of sea so be on watch when you're up there, particularly for the first time

Guest hottuna

both reefs have bombies and will break in any sort of sea so be on watch when you're up there, particularly for the first time

True sort of , if theres no sea at all west reef is barley noticable and VERY VERY dangerous. Its actually safer in a big sea as you can easlily see it.

dan

both reefs have bombies and will break in any sort of sea so be on watch when you're up there, particularly for the first time

True sort of , if theres no sea at all west reef is barley noticable and VERY VERY dangerous.  Its actually safer in a big sea as you can easlily see it.

dan

62187[/snapback]

Thanks for the tips Guys. I have just watched "Fishing Dvd Vol 2" and I think they are fishing West Reef in the Fly Fishing segment. I will go have a look at low tide me thinks :bump0ee: