Techniques for Blades and Hardbodies

Krispy !

Hey guys, I want to get more into lure fishing and have got quite a few, have used them before with some success however I'm no expert as I'm more of a bait fisherman. Would like to target anything from bream up to big hoodlum kings. Any help would be appreciated.

G'day

I've got a few bream and flatties on a simple hop pause hop retrieve around structure, and have got the odd trevally jigging through midwater on blades.

It pays to experiment with playing with the tow point position as well, as a general rule of thumb further forward for faster retrieves and to the back for slower retrieves. But i have often hooked a fish first cast after moving it.

I've also upgraded my hooks to singles because I got sick of trying to pull blades out of flatties throats with trebles, and it has improved my hookup rate.

Cheers Leo

G'day

I've got a few bream and flatties on a simple hop pause hop retrieve around structure, and have got the odd trevally jigging through midwater on blades.

It pays to experiment with playing with the tow point position as well, as a general rule of thumb further forward for faster retrieves and to the back for slower retrieves. But i have often hooked a fish first cast after moving it.

I've also upgraded my hooks to singles because I got sick of trying to pull blades out of flatties throats with trebles, and it has improved my hookup rate.

Cheers Leo

Thanks so much mate, so simply casting at structure hopping it past. I dont quite understand what you mean by tow point? is it the position of the rod tip?