Botany Bay Mixed Bag 20/10

Linc

Hi Raiders,

Launched the boat into Botany bay for the first time yesterday equipped with my brand new simrad sounder/gps that Huey from Huett Marine hooked me up with (thanks again mate!)

Being my first time in the bay I wanted to do some exploring, we tried Molineux point, the run way, just inside the heads, woolooware bay and a few places inbetween.

The result

*My first ever legal Jewie (52cm) (plus another just under size). I just noticed the size limit change that kicks in on Nov 1 so looks like my next challenge is one over 70cm.

*My first ever tailor over 30cm (remember I've only been in nsw for a couple of months)

*My first ever sand whiting (don't find many of those in vic either)

Plus a mixed bag of nice trevally up to around the 40cm mark and a 34cm flatty

Definitely won't be my last trip to the bay, though I'm glad my mate towed the boat with his 4x4 as that ramp gets bloody slippery at low tide! One bloke with rear wheel drive was sliding all over the place just trying to get a jetski out of the water - why don't they do something about that ramp?

post-30908-0-64489200-1382304671_thumb.jpg

post-30908-0-94872100-1382304684_thumb.jpg

nice one buddy! seems like you did some exploring around the bay, from the heads all the way to woolooware, good stuff.

which simrad sounder did you get and how did it perform?

I have seen them in the past coming and and blast the muck off the ramp, looks like it's due for another blast.

Great catch mate. was the Jew caught on a live bait?

I have to agree the ramp is extremely slippery at low tide I seen an older land cruiser get into a bit of trouble on Saturday at low tide, the back wheels became submerged after the driver didn't lock there front wheels into 4x4.

Great catch mate. was the Jew caught on a live bait?

I have to agree the ramp is extremely slippery at low tide I seen an older land cruiser get into a bit of trouble on Saturday at low tide, the back wheels became submerged after the driver didn't lock there front wheels into 4x4.

The jew was caught on a tiny piece of prawn on a paternoster I was using while actually catching yakkas so it was a very nice surprise. Actually caught another smaller model 2 casts later that went back in to grow up a bit.

Hi, a good catch and nice pics.

What ramp did you use?

Cheers

Paikea

We used the foreshore road ramp, is there a safer ramp around that area somewhere? I don't think I'll be using my magna on that ramp even with the front wheel drive after seeing a few people struggling and hearing some stories.