New boat question

Don_

My mates looking at getting a boat, however he's in mixed minds on whether to get a aluminium or fibreglass. His price range is $50k max, and will be fishing off Sydney. He wants it to fish the inshore reefs off Sydney and when the weather permits to go wider to Browns.

He was originally looking at a Formosa, but his heard a few mixed reviews so his back to square one again. Can anyone recommend what they think would be the best option for his situation? He is happy to go second hand (nothing too old though).

Thanks in advance!

pretty tough call with the price limit, I was under the same situation when I bought mine. I think Ive heard bad reports on every boat ever made, The best way to decide is buy what suits your needs - when I got mine I wanted to go wide, wanted to sleep on board & wanted a hard top (I found with a canopy or bimini they got removed & stashed in the garage) I ended up with the Stessco centre cab Ive heard some bad reports on Stessco as I have most boats but I haven't been able to fault mine other then poor quality paint job which I beleive a lot of companies are doing now.

pretty tough call with the price limit, I was under the same situation when I bought mine. I think Ive heard bad reports on every boat ever made, The best way to decide is buy what suits your needs - when I got mine I wanted to go wide, wanted to sleep on board & wanted a hard top (I found with a canopy or bimini they got removed & stashed in the garage) I ended up with the Stessco centre cab Ive heard some bad reports on Stessco as I have most boats but I haven't been able to fault mine other then poor quality paint job which I beleive a lot of companies are doing now.

Thanks for the advice mate. I'll pass it on.

Hi, within that budget he could get a Savage 585C with V6 clean tech engine. He could get a Stacer 569 Oceanrunner with V4 clean tech engine or an Extreme plate alloy boat with a 90HP clean tech engine. All are very good boats and why I choose to stock and sell each brand. Everyone has different things they want in a boat but if he wants alloy there is not a better alloy boat made than an Extreme, have a couple here at present and they have to been seen to believe how good they are. If he wants a glass boat than the Savage range is the best value for money and gets him a 19 foot boat that will easily do what he wants to do with a boat.

I have all three models listed above in stock so best to come in and see which one would suit him the best.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, within that budget he could get a Savage 585C with V6 clean tech engine. He could get a Stacer 569 Oceanrunner with V4 clean tech engine or an Extreme plate alloy boat with a 90HP clean tech engine. All are very good boats and why I choose to stock and sell each brand. Everyone has different things they want in a boat but if he wants alloy there is not a better alloy boat made than an Extreme, have a couple here at present and they have to been seen to believe how good they are. If he wants a glass boat than the Savage range is the best value for money and gets him a 19 foot boat that will easily do what he wants to do with a boat.

I have all three models listed above in stock so best to come in and see which one would suit him the best.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks Huey. He's liking the Savage 585C. How does it compare to the Haines?

Hi, it compares very well and ride very well, is built very well, is safe and stable and goes very very well with the V6 outboard I mentioned. All this plus you get ALLOY trailer, full bimini, clears, camper back, bunk infill, removable cockpit carpet, ladder, bow rails and more all for the budget of around $50K. Plus for a very limited time the Savage will get $2,500 cashback so in terms of value for your hard earned dollar NOTHING beats the Savage in the glass range. A Haines Hunter is a very good boat too but say the 560 Offshore with the same gear, alloy trailer and V6 outboard would be about $30K more and I would not say it is a $30K better boat.

You should get your mate to give me a call or better yet come in view the boat I have here with all the stuff and as mentioned cashback makes it very attractive.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, it compares very well and ride very well, is built very well, is safe and stable and goes very very well with the V6 outboard I mentioned. All this plus you get ALLOY trailer, full bimini, clears, camper back, bunk infill, removable cockpit carpet, ladder, bow rails and more all for the budget of around $50K. Plus for a very limited time the Savage will get $2,500 cashback so in terms of value for your hard earned dollar NOTHING beats the Savage in the glass range. A Haines Hunter is a very good boat too but say the 560 Offshore with the same gear, alloy trailer and V6 outboard would be about $30K more and I would not say it is a $30K better boat.

You should get your mate to give me a call or better yet come in view the boat I have here with all the stuff and as mentioned cashback makes it very attractive.

Cheers,

Huey.

We will be there in the next 2 weeks, thanks mate!