Update on diesel Mitsubishi Outlander

Benzeenees

Down at the ramp I thought I'd give the new Outlander a bit of a test. So I retrieved the 490 topender from the side where the ramp is covered with sand. In normal mode (eco 4wd - but its really 2wd), it just started digging into the sand. But with 4wd locked in she drove away as smooth as you like. Now I'm looking for a steep slimey ramp for a real test. Perhaps Dalmeny and a trip out to Montague Island.

Guest Aussie007

so you've tested it in 4wd on a easy ramp, next challenge a ramp where u actually get stuck not only in 2x4 but 4x4, ok now u have some spectators watching on and they are most likely locals, many will be scratching there head thinking why put your self in this position? to test the 4bee of course but whos going to pull u out now? u obviously cant drive out :chair::074:

The slime tend to be on the lower part of the ramp. So I would have to wait for the tide to come in. Or hope that a good samaritan with a genuine 4 wd happens along!

Oh, and the fuel consumption averages about 6.5 l/100km on a 250 km return trip to the coast. And about 7.5 overall, including towing the boat.