Fishing Botany Bay

locodave

Hi guys,

I have never fished botany bay, but looks like you can get some good fish there. Generally after the kings. Not knowing the area at all, just wondering if anyone can give some pointers out?

Where to get live bait from?

What area to fish for Kings.

I will be in a boat.

Also I think I remember reading that you have to have a GPS on you at all times? Is that correct? And there are some no go zones? Runways, oil tanks etc? Can someone please explain?

Thank you.

:)

Guest Aussie007

kings are more towards the heads still and just outside, u will see the restricted zones around the runways they have yellow boys u cant go past, pretty sure they have writing on them too

u can drift around the runway closes to brighten le sands but u want to drift east to west or west to east across the end of the runway

a mate ventured into the restriction zone between the runways (naughty) and caught a stonker flat head, some big flattys can be caught around the restriction zone (on the right side of course) but u get gassed out from the jets and they stink wouldnt be good on the lungs either just for a fish

u can get live squid off the above runway about 30 meters out and yakkas at mol point near the blue tugg boats and the odd kingy might come past out the front of mol point, plenty of salmon still cruising this spot

Funny you should say that. Im a firefighter at the airport and our rescue boat is moored in the restriction area in between the runways. Some guys at work have pulled in 1m+ crocs casting soft plastics from our jetty. An absolute tonne of bream there too. Also sighted a bull shark swimming alongside the wall. Probably the best fishing in Sydney, seriously.