1kw transducer

tim85x

Am currently in the market for a 1kw transducer to match with a furuno 587 and am torn between the tm258 and the tm260 i like the price of the 258 just wondering do any raiders have a 258 that can share with me how it performs ? Cheers !!

Hi, the TM260 is all we fit if someone wants a 1Kw transom mount. The best is the M260 if you hull is suitable to fit an in hull tranny. This unit when fitted right will read at speed and give very good depth penetration.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Tim,

I have a FCV585 matched to a 1kw tm260 transducer and all I can say is it's brilliant. I use it fishing up the river, inshore reefs, gamefishing and deepwater bottombashing in 500m with great results. I'm very happy with it. Once you learn how to change settings for different conditions it is a great piece of gear. Highly recommended...........

Dave

Edited by Croydon

of course definitey

make sure it set to 50 htz though and not the 200 htz u use in shallower water just button switch frequency. It could take 30 secs to pic up bottom once you change the setting and on deepwater mode

this easy at browns like pic below

post-16878-0-88014700-1386531323_thumb.jpg

Edited by rexaway1234

If you think of ping speed as the amount of times the transducer sends a signal down to the bottom which bounces and comes back to the tranny. Obviously this takes much longer in deep water.

If your ping speed is too high the signal or ping doesn't have time to travel all the way to the sea floor and back up to the tranny, before it sends another signal.

Also do you run your depth range on auto or manual?

We get bottom on a standard 600w 50/200 tranny at browns. If you want any more info send me a pm

Cheers Leo