Little Manly

flattiefisher27

G'day Raiders,

Haven't really posted much recently as I haven't had the best of luck recently. Anyway me and my mate decided to head down to little manly on the rocks near the gasworks to go for a fish. Armed with servo prawns we weren't expecting to catch much and thought it would be a good chance to relax. The day started with a small bream a few cm's undersized and a small snapper. Things went a bit quiet after that and the fish seemed to have stopped biting. I then reeled in my rod to check it still had bait on the end and it felt like I had hooked onto a large bit of seaweed (we ended up having to stop fishing cause we lost all our sinkers as we only had 4 with us and their was a heap of oysters and seaweed which we got snagged on!!!) but this large bit of seaweed ended up to be a 30cm flounder a PB for me!! It was one of the strangest fights I have ever had in my 5 years of fishing!!! Everything went quiet after that and we only landed a small snapper. Thanks for reading

Tight Lines

Flattiefisher27

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff champ! A couple of fish is always fun even if undersized. Flounder are a very nice fish to eat, if you plan on keeping any in future. Snags are always a part of life when fishing the rocks, usually take a bit of extra gear when I go, I hate cutting a session short hahaha...