Wading in st George's basin or jervis bay

Peterbythemetre

Hi raiders,

I'm new here and new to fishing in general so sorry if this in the wrong place.

I've got myself a little spinning combo and some soft plastics and having been wading around moona moona creek in JB at low tide for flathead.

I've had a couple of bites and caught one undersize flattie but have since been told there's no fish three and I should go to the basin.

I'm just wondering where. I don't have a boat so I'll be wading or casting from shore. For that matter, any other good spots around jb for wading would be good too.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete,

JB does hold loads of food: loads of pipis and hermit crabs are all right along the shore line in the wash. Try going in for a swim. The water is lovely, and you'll see where the fish are hanging out.

The sand is very desolate if you go out even 3 meters from shore and the water is so clear it provides almost no cover for fish. If there is no place to hide and little food, there will be no fish. Instead, look for a spot where there are some rocks poking up off the bottom. These are like oasis's in the desert and hold loads of fish. Try looking on google earth for this kind of structure. Flathead like to lie in among these rocks and then pop up at any passing fish/soft plastic. Equally, it's always worth a flick or two where little streams come into the bay.

You'll note also, that the fish are adapted to the white sand, with most fish very light in colour.