Slimys around The Hacking area

filthmonger

Yes it is, fish close in to the wash and burley. They are not always there but it is always worth a shot. Make sure that you use a rock pick not a Danforth or similar. Another spot is about 3-400 meters behind the South/Eastern end of the island. I often see the pros catching their live bait in that spot. Use your sounder to pick them up

The Northern side is also a good spot to catch big Drummer, there is a cave well into the white water where I have seen a whole school of Drummer just finning at the entrance. In the sixties I got a 10 pound Drummer out of that cave.

A good stream of bread burly should bring them out. Fish with a small ball sinker directly on the hook and use peeled prawn for bait.

Cheers

Paikea

Hey mate,

I caught a heap yesterday, just south of Jibbon Bombie at about the 30m mark.

They were everywhere, at one point near impossible to get a bait down while chasing flatties.

Caught them on a handline only 2-3m under the boat. Nothing big chasing them that I could see either.

Might see you out there tomorrow.

Cheers

Choicebro

Guest Aussie007

i dont know about now but ive caught slimies just outside to the left about 100m out over the sand and weed and 4 months ago we were catching them just inside the heads in the channel they were very thick