Botany Bay - Any Suggestions

Guest Sea Jay

Guest Sea Jay

Hi,

Was thinking for heading to botany tomorrow.

I haven't done much fishing there and was wondering if any one could suggest some good spots in the bay or around the heads.

Also if you knew any good spots to catch live baits

Any suggestions are greatly appriciated.

I understand if you want to keep your secret spots to yourself just looking for somewhere to start

I can't help you too much with recent reports but there are a few in the fishing reports section that will help you.

I was out in the Bay last Sunday and found flathead sitting on the bottom in 10m of water off the old (southern) runway about 100yds south and in line with the runway wind sock.

I also found whiting in 1-2m of water just off the little sandy beach near the old control tower at the mouth of the Cooks River.

Don't know if this helps although you should get a feed but you will also have to work hard for it.

Good luck and cheers :thumbup:

Hooky

Guest Sea Jay

Thanks hooky for your help.

I dont know the bay that well is there any way you can describe those spots a little better.

Sorry

Guest Sea Jay

OK

Is there any other spots on that map that you could suggest that i try, that you could mark on there for me.

I have been hearing a lot about trevally at Miloux Point, what do you think about that.

What is the best way to catch trevally? i.e What sort of rig, bait and berley

OK

Is there any other spots on that map that you could suggest that i try, that you could mark on there for me.

I have been hearing a lot about trevally at Miloux Point, what do you think about that.

What is the best way to catch trevally? i.e What sort of rig, bait and berley

63050[/snapback]

Probably no other spots they I have fished recently and I don't want to just pick any spot as it might not be fishy at the moment.

Molineaux Point is working well for trevally but I haven't seriously fish it lately.

Hopefully someone who has will be able to help.

Good luck tomorrow.

cheers

Hooky

burley, burley and burley some more.

those spots hooky mentioned all produce as well as off the point of the runway (in close)

i usually get my yakas from the breeding pens over at the refueling jetty or in close at Molineaux Point.

do me a favour will you. if you fish near the windsock at the runway and pull up a penn overhead reel attached to an ugly stick, could you please return it to crazedfisherdude. :1prop:

Guest Sea Jay

Ok will do.

My fishing companion just dropped out. Do you know anyone that is fishing the bay tomorrow that is looking for a ride or is looking for a assistant.

I am not a very experienced fisherman so someone that could teach me a thing or 2 would be great.

Even if you are interested in a fisb outnumbered!

Guest Sea Jay

OK.

They are not on here at the moment. Oh well i will leave it open for another half hour if no one want to go then i will put the boat to bed.

Have fun at the party

Edited by Sea Jay