Fishing the Great Lake Illawarra

King.jew

Hello raiders, yesterday myself and my fishing partner were fishing from a secret mulloway hotspot on the lake Illawarra, what a beautiful night it was the sky was clear the stars were shining bright, we knew we would be in for one heck of a night, as we got our special made bait ready "squid strips dipped in ajvar" for those of you wondering "what's ajvar?" It's a traditional macedonian chilli spread! We left the squid strips in the ajvar for about 3-4 days so the squid strips could get that special scent sunk into the strips, as we casted the rods we had abit of action on them seem to be the usual bream and whiting about, so we just sat back on our foldable chairs and drank a few mixes of scotch and coke while listening to macedonian music, Also eating burek which we purchased earlier from "bitola burek cringila" big shout out to "pece" for making them for us!! It's about 12.30am now as we hear "Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" We look over and the line is just running as my fishing buddy nikola gets up races over to the rod and lifts it up striking the jew, he was fighting for at least 20mins finally as we see that silver body shinning I quickly got up and grabbed the net, as we got it into the net we start celebrating and singing to the macedonian music we had on!! What a fight it gave us!

post-32659-0-46319000-1388406168_thumb.jpg

Well done mate what a fish. I have fished that lake endlessly for no result on a Jew . That's a great fish what a night it must have been.congrats Evan

I guess it all just comes down to time and persistence and some luck of course!!

Thanks Evan.