Message to Fisheries

rockfisherman

I have a message for fisheries in 2014

-Adequate signage NEEDS to be installed at all boat ramps and popular fishing spots in regards to bag limits, size limits and the punishment for breaking any of these rules.

- Having a fisheries officer present at major boat ramps like foreshore and rose bay from 10am onwards and roaming visits to smaller ramps will not only pay for itself but protect fish stocks.

The reason for this rant: After returning to the boat ramp yesterday, it's obvious that people have a complete disregard for these rules in plain view for everyone to see. If they choose to plead ignorance not to acknowledge these bag and size limits they should be punished. These rules need to be enforced with an iron fist. Also extra fisheries officers need to be employed to enforce any new rules. Of course there should be some grace for anglers that have adhered to old bag limits and we're not aware. These anglers are issued with a warning notice and a sticker or sheet of paper with new bag and size limits.

People will soon change their ways.

Harry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Harry, You are wasting your time when it comes to Fisherys to get off there ass to do something. This has been going on for over Twenty Years and still the same not a thing done. Many years ago I emailed them and said I would go arround ramps and wharfes no charge to catch these rapists of our warterways never got no reply back, go figure it out. Cheers RAY

Maybe just Maybe increase the fines for two reasons,

1. larger deterrent to those that do not respect the rules and damage future fishing for us,our families and the environment

2. Having larger fines could cover the added cost of having someone patrol the ramps and wharves

If a single fine is in excess of $300 just one fine a day will cover their cost.

and as an added bonus the extra revenue can be added to fund the great work they have been doing with ramp upgrades FADs etc.

In my mind myself and everyone on this site are responsible fishers who follow the rules so it would not matter if the fines we $10,000 per fish it would not be an issue for us.

Just my thoughts

Maybe just Maybe increase the fines for two reasons,

1. larger deterrent to those that do not respect the rules and damage future fishing for us,our families and the environment

2. Having larger fines could cover the added cost of having someone patrol the ramps and wharves

If a single fine is in excess of $300 just one fine a day will cover their cost.

and as an added bonus the extra revenue can be added to fund the great work they have been doing with ramp upgrades FADs etc.

In my mind myself and everyone on this site are responsible fishers who follow the rules so it would not matter if the fines we $10,000 per fish it would not be an issue for us.

Just my thoughts

One fine will never cover the costs theres more involved then just paying the officers and 300 prob wouldnt even cover that

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2